- Food and Cooking
Feel Good Fun Food From the Internet
They Taste as Good as They Look
Well, the start came from the internet... I like to mix
1. So picture one is the wonderful Hubpages brownies and then I got carried away as usual...I added some glaze and various other things.... and I am drooling just thinking about this.
2. The second picture is monster fingers that I found on the internet and then the fingernails are Almonds and the blood is red clear glaze icing.. that is oohhh sooo drippy.... the knuckles are made with the fork after shaping the dough.... yummy yummy fingers.
3. The third picture is easy chicken divan and we love this.... it is quick and easy to pop in the oven and has vegetables and meat and delicious either mushroom or cream of chicken soup to make the sauce... recipes can vary and I used one with the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and then whatever cheeses you want to mix to pour over your cooked chicken and broccoli and I also add cauliflower because my buddy loves cauliflower. I like it with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella shredded cheeses and sometimes even have used 4 cheese. The topping is a mixture of pepperidge farm herb stuffing cubes crushed with my mallet and italian bread crumbs and melted butter stirred together and then sprinkled over the top. I usually cover with aluminum foil to cook in the oven for 30 minutes and then 15 minutes with the foil off the top so it is crunchy. We have it down to cutting the chicken into little bitesize pieces. Some recipes leave the chicken whole, some shred it. My buddy likes the pieces cut up and sprinkled between the broccoli florets and cauliflower cooked pieces and then the sauce is spread over this and the topping put on and popped into the oven. I use the steamer inserts in my dutch oven to cook the vegetables and boil the chicken in garlic flavored water with my usual herb spices to give the chicken added flavor.
4. The recipe on the Barelli lasagne noodles is really good and we use a mixture of different Barelli sauces
5. AThe ultimate French Apple pie has the lattice pastry and confectioners sugar on top. By special request the apples are mixed with crushed pineapple. picture 5-A one
and 5-A second pic is traditional French Apple with raisins ... mixing recipes from the internet search... mmmmmmmmmmm
5 - B --Apple blush pie is the reason we had crushed pineapple in our French Apple and the Apple Blush was gone before I could get a picture..... it was the best ever and I actually made 3 of them... why don't I have any pictures...... The blush was created by melting those red round cinnamon candies in the hot apples and pineapple with tapioca for the thickening.
6. The coffee cake was a creation from my head and it was sooooo good with chocolate and vanilla glaze over the top and whipped cream mixed with blueberry and peach preserves in between the warm yellow cake and lemon confectioners icing dribbled in between the chocolate and vanilla glazes.... OOOOOOOOOh Yummy
7. This is similar to 6 but I used a bunt cake sliced it in half and mixed all the fresh fruit in the fridge with the whipped cream and put in a bowl with confectioner sugar icing I made with cocoa powder and melted caramel kisses..... It Melted in your mouth
8. I used a spritz cookie (yummy vanilla) and put a confectioners icing with real milk chocolate mixed in and spread on the top....... Now that is a coffee snack..... No wonder I have to exercise soooooo much...
9. I used bundt cake pan sliced in the center Moist yellow cake with 3 eggs, butter and a cup of water, sliced horizontally and filled with mixed whipped cream and black cherry icing. Outside icing whipped vanilla and milk chocolate alternated and sprinkled with sweetened coconut and sliced almonds accross the top center..... SOOOOOOO yummy!
10 and 11. A Second Halloween and zombie season has arrived and with it we have Brains with worms and Fingers with nails and worms and some surrounded by dirt(oreo crumb icing is very dirty looking and goes great with worms). Sugar cookie base with colored gummy worms put sliced so parts would stick to the hot cookies as they cooled and would not pull off. Red gel icing sort of see through gives a great bloody effect. Covering some of the fingers with oreo crumb icing around the outside and the edges of the top of the fingers as if they were pulled out of the ground gave a nice dirty effect. The brains were shaped and lines drawn in with the fork edge, the fingers the fork pressed in the hot finger shaped dough before you add the worms adds the wrinklies above and below your finger knuckles... great for a laughing snack! These were the perfect snack to accompany the Zombie movie while we watched... .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
12. Another bundt cake embellished for the non dieting...Organic Blueberry syrup mixed with real blueberries and preserves filled in the middle and dribbled over white confectioners sugar icing made with butter and the flaked with cocoanut-always in the cupboard for Mr. Cocoanut Lover. The bundt cake itself is extra moist yellow.
13. Another creation inspired by my buddy. He loves apple pie of every kind and he knows I love blueberries... so he asked me to see if I could find if anyone had tried apples and blueberries together... Well, of course, and I found more than one in my web search. I combined a regular apple pie recipe... I love using the apple core and slicer template they sell in the grocery. I made the apple pie ingredients as usual using gala apples, this time using cornstarch instead of the tapioca as the thickener and just used 2 apples less than usual, which in a ceramic pie plate I use 8, this time I used 6 and 1 can of blueberry pie filling in the can. The apples were sliced very thinly and then mixing the blueberry filling with my traditional apple filling from scratch. I added a little apple pie spice and stirred put in my pie crust and then topped with my traditional apple lattice work. This time no glaze or icing on the top, because he asked for a regular French apple next week with raisins and glaze icing on top, so I need them to be a little Different.... Was it good?.... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
14. Want to feel good all day... well... how's about some bisquick mix make them waffles and throw in lots of blueberries and after they come out... put some butter and organic blueberry syrup over the butter and add more blueberries all over and then.... start your day off very very happy..... :-)))) hmmmmmmmmmmmm FEEL GOOD FOOD