World's Best Cookies
- 1 cup butter, (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal, (dry, quick cook)
- 1 cup cornflakes, (crushed)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using mixer, cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Add oil and vanilla, mix well. Add oatmeal, cornflakes, coconut flakes, and pecans, mix well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
- Batter may become too stiff to use your mixer. If this happens simply began mixing with a spoon or hands to ensure ingredients are well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking or cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool and serve.
For a Delicious Variation
This recipe is always a big hit with cookie lovers, but if you want to change it up for a little bit of a different (but equally scrumptious variation), just follow the instructions below.
Only one change needs be made to the original recipe, and then add the other two ingredients to see which you or the cookie lovers' in your home like the best.
- Decrease the chopped pecans to 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips