How To Make Yogurt - 2 Easy ways
Making fresh homemade yogurt
Making your own fresh yogurt can be very satisfying especially if you buy raw milk and learn to pasteurise at home too.
Yogurt has many health benefits, if you have suffered some kind of stomach infection and have taken a course of antibiotics, you will need to replace your intestinal flora and yogurt is a great natural way to do just that.
During the summer months its good to keep a batch of yoghurt in the fridge to apply to sunburn.
Why not use your yogurt as a harmless cleaning solution.
The lactic acid in yogurt means that you can use it to polish up your brass!
- Yogurt is in fact curdled milk, therefore can be digested 2-3 times faster than milk because it already contains the enzyme lactase which aids digestion.
- Great for diets. A piece of apple pie can contain around 330 calories whereas a cup of plain yogurt will contain around a third of that amount.
- For a healthier option, yogurt can be used to replace oily salad dressings or mayonnaise.
- Yogurt contains vitamin B6,B12,riboflavin,calcium and protein.
- To obtain a thicker yogurt, scald the milk then allow it to cool, when it has cooled to the point of being baby´s bottle warm, add your culture and wrap your container of milk for 6-8 hrs.
- The most popular cultures for yogurt are: Streptococcus thermophilus & Lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- To make yogurt thick commercially pectin or gelatin is used.
- 4 Litres Milk Full fat/Skimmed
- Yogurt culture
- Put your milk into a clean sterilised pan and warm to 110F. Add a small amount of yogurt culture to your milk and give it a gentle stir until the culture is blended in. (Remember bacteria is a living thing so don't treat it rough)
- Place the lid on your pan and wrap it in a bath towel and leave in a warm place for around 6-8 hours or overnight. Now you should have your yogurt. To thicken, strain the yogurt.
How to use yogurt in beauty treatment by Suzie HQ
- How to Use Oatmeal and Yogurt to Remove Blackheads
To use Oatmeal and Yogurt together is a great combination to remove blackheads successfully. Making a homemade blackhead remover is cheaper, more natural with no chemicals added and ultra quick and easy using regular ingredients found in our cupboard
1. Use your favorite plain yogurt and leave about a cup full to warm to room temperature.
Warm 4 Litres of milk to around 110F and add your favorite yogurt stirring to mix in well.
2. Place the lid on your pan and wrap it in a bath towel and leave in a warm place for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Check out the health benefits of using Bio yogurt by wrenfrost56
- Health Benefits of Bio Yogurt.
Bio-yogurts are a great addition to a healthy diet, they are versatile and widely available. There are many health benefits to be had from this unassuming food, read on to discover more.
Pasteurise your own milk, learn how.
- Pasteurising Milk at Home: The quick & easy way
Ever tried raw milk? What is pasteurization and who invented it? Here you will find all the answers and more. if you do want to pasteurize your own milk here we help you how to do it at home.
OTHER GREAT READS
- Fresh English Garden Mint Sauce
- My Favorite Cook Books
Cook books are everywhere, but which ones are any good? Check out some of my favorite cook books to help you choose for yourself or as a gift that will not dissapoint.
- Ginger Snaps Recipe
Want a really good recipe for ginger snaps that are gingery and crunchy? Then this is your next project. Use this recipe to make some delicious cookies that are perfect with a coffee or cup of tea.
- Vanilla Ice cream Recipe & 3 of the Best Ice cream makers
Vanilla icecream is the most popular flavour. Learn a basic recipe made with vanilla paste that will make your friends oooh! and aaaah!
- Orange Pistachio Butter Biscuits
Beautiful aromatic orange pistachio butter biscuits. Light and refreshing & a perfect accompanyment to a relaxing coffee or cup of English tea. Easy to make but yet look & taste expensive.