Yummy Broccoli Pasta
Broccoli Made Yummy
When most people hear the word 'broccoli', their faces distort to a look of general disgust or disapproval (the same can be applied for many other green vegetables such as spinach or brussels sprouts). This is because, most people's experience with such verdant foods brings them back to the high chair years, when Mum or Dad spooned lumpy green masses into their mouths. After such a traumatizing experience from childhood, I don't blame most people for detesting green vegetables in their boiled down bland mushy state. However, not all broccoli dishes are disgusting, in fact,if cooked properly, they taste quite lovely. This is a simple broccoli recipe that may change a few minds about broccoli. Well, at least I hope so.
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g spaghetti, cooked
- 20-30 ml olive oil
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place broccoli in a pot of boiling water. Cook for five minutes and strain. Broccoli should be a vibrant green color. Do NOT overcook.
- In an empty saucepan, coat with olive oil and saute onions. Once translucent, add garlic. Stir continuously , so not to burn the garlic.
- Add the broccoli and incorporate it well with the onions and oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the spaghetti. Mix thoroughly and serve, topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!