- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Yummy Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Filling Recipe
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 220g of sugar
- 200g of butter, softened
- Cream sugar and butter together till it is the consistency of a frosting.
- Add cinnamon and mix well. Put aside for later
A Sweet Delicious Treat
Whether it be kanelsnegle, kanelbulle, or korvapuusti, many people around the world can claim that cinnamon rolls are one of their favourite foods. I mean, who doesn't love cinnamon rolls? Its soft fluffy dough wrapped in layers of gooey cinnamon filling and topped off with a sweet icing or glaze. It's not your heart healthy or your diet food, but you can surely say, it is damn good. Even though eating a warm cinnamon roll from your local bakery is mouth watering and satisfying, making them yourself in your own home can be even more fulfilling; the scent of cinnamon in the air while they bake, and the control of sugar and icing you can put on top. Though, proper cinnamon rolls, are not an easy feat, but with some sugar, spice,and a bit of patience, you can make them quite easily with this recipe.
- 300g powdered sugar
- 50ml milk
- Sift powdered sugar and combine with milk.
- Whisk well so that it is a uniform liquid. If it is too thick, add more milk or water.
- 180 ml milk
- 50g butter, softened
- 500g flour
- 8g yeast
- 50g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml water
- Cinnamon Filling
- Sugar Glaze
- First heat milk to its boiling point, without letting it curdle and completely boil. Add butter and allow to melt.
- In a large bowl, put half the amount of flour, yeast, sugar, salt and mix. Add water, egg, and the milk/butter mixture and use a beater to beat it well.
- Slowly add the rest of the flour to the batter while mixing.Once the dough is somewhat formed, knead it for about five minutes. Cover it with a damp cloth and put it in a dark area to rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the Cinnamon Filling. (See above recipe)
- Once 10 minutes have elapsed, roll out the dough to about a rectangle and then spread the Cinnamon Filling on to the dough.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seams so that it is completely sealed and secured, you should have some type of long log-like roll.
- Cut the dough into relatively equal sized slices of dough and place in a greased baking dish. Leave a bit of space between them. Let them sit to rise for 30 minutes in a cool dark area.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Once the rolls have risen, bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle the sugar glaze on top. Serve warm and enjoy!