Yummy Fettuccine Alfredo with half the fat and calories!
Did you know that years ago the original Fettuccine Alfredo was made without cream? It was made by Alfredo di Lelio from Rome, he created it for his wife who was having morning sickness. That is why fettuccine is so popular for hangovers as well. This recipe is very simple and yummy! I wanted to create this hub to share it with all my family and friends and others who want to eat delicious fettuccine with out all the calories that comes with the richness of the dish. I use simple ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores and I have combined it with a super easy recipe, which makes this fettuccine dish a no fail for first timers!
- 160z Fettuccine noodles, 1pkg.
- 2 tablespoons Dry Ranch dressing seasoning, from package
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, I sprinkle from my bottle of parmesan
- 1 can Cream of broccoli or chicken soup, Campbell's
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Milk any kind 1 or 2 percent
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 dash Nutmeg
- Bring water to boil and add a little salt and dry package of fettuccine I break it in half and add a dash of olive oil so it won't stick, boil it till is tender. 10min
- In a small sauce pan add 1 can of cream of broccoli soup and 1 cup of milk bring to simmer, do not boil it, add the garlic powder , black pepper, and ranch dressing seasoning.
- Drain the fettuccine, put on stove of med heat, and add the sauce over the noodles, cook for 5 minutes, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top, stir with tongs.
- Plate and dash a little nutmeg on top! You can also add shrimp, chicken, beef or any kind of meat to this dish if you wish.