Yummy Fish Tacos
Yummy Fish Tacos
Grilled Fish on Tortillas with Chipotle Lime Sauce
If you asked me my favorite food I would probably tell you that I love both Mexican cuisine and seafood best. This recipe is a combination of the two. It involves fish soaked in a spicy, delicious marinade that is grilled, yummy toppings, and a savory sauce to top it. This is a light meal that is great for the summer time since it allows you to grill and these tacos are not a heavy as traditional taco meals.
Serve with a side of rice (Mexican, Spanish, or Saffron) and some beans (black beans or refried beans).
- 1/4 cup oil, olive, canola, or vegetable
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic, minced jar kind
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp bay style seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper, course ground
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets, cut into cubes/chunks
- 1 8oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- to taste salt & pepper, (in sauce)
- 1 package taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, small, cored & shredded
- 2 large limes, cut into wedges
- Marinade: In a small bowl with a lid or a cruet, combine oil, vinegar (1/2 tbsp), lime juice (3 tbsp), lime zest (2 tsp), honey, garlic, cumin (1/2 tsp), chili powder (1/2 tsp), bay seasoning (1 tsp), & hot pepper sauce. Shake until blended together well.
- Place the tilapia fillets in a shallow pan. Pour the marinade over the fish, cover, and soak in refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Sauce: In another bowl (with a lid) make the sauce. Combine sour cream and adobo sauce. Add lime juice (2 tbsp), lime zest (2 tsp), cumin (1/4 tsp), chili powder (1/4 tsp), seafood seasoning (1/2 tsp), salt, and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. The longer it sets, the better the flavors blend. (I suggest making it right after you do the marinade process for maximum flavor.)
- Preheat outdoor grill (or indoor grill) to high heat and oil the grate. Set grate about 4 inches from flame. (can cover with aluminum foil and grease so it doesn't fall through the grill grate)
- Remove fish from marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Grill fish for about 8-9 minutes. Turn one time about half-way through. It is done when the fish flakes apart easily.
- Assembly Time: Place fish pieces on the tortillas. Top with tomatoes, cabbage shreds, cilantro, and chipotle sauce. Serve rolled taco style. (Can also add cheese shreds & salsa if you like.)