- Food and Cooking
Yummy, Fresh, Homemade Sugared Doughnut (Donut) Recipe
As yummy as you expected?
Gather the kids and start cutting creative doughnut shapes and adding the topping of your choice. Below is the instructions for sugared doughnuts, but you might choose to use powdered sugar, chocolate-dipped, cream filled, or even leave them plain... the possibilities are endless!
- 3 Tbsp Melted butter or margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- Fat for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat fat to 375 degrees F in a deep fryer or pan.
- Roll out the dough about 1.4 of an inch thick on a floured surface.
- Use a doughnut cutter to cut out the shapes of your doughnuts. Alternatively, use a cookie cutter for doughnuts without holes (or filled doughnuts). Or cut the dough freehand for any shape you want, like doughnut holes.
- Carefully drop your doughnut shapes into the hot fat a few at a time. When they become light brown, flip them over and brown the other side.
- Place to doughnuts on a piece of paper towel to cool.
- For sugared doughnuts, put about a 1/4 cup of sugar into a plastic bag and shake the doughnuts until they're coated. Alternatively, add a bit of cinnamon to the sugar.