An Egg-cellent Dish (Bad Pun Noted)
Yummy Potato Omelet
Sometimes an omelet can be terribly boring, especially if you loathe eggs in its plain nauseating state (like me). You want to spice up your omelet to make it more... palatable, but you don't want to end up smothering it in cheese or putting too many onions in it. So... what to do? Well, here is a recipe I managed to concoct a delicious omelet that is relatively healthy as well (I think). Using peppers, onions, cheese, and potatoes, this omelet will be sure satisfy your grumbly tummy and make your mouth water ... even if you hate egg.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 20g feta, cubed/crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Beat eggs thoroughly and then add diced peppers and seasonings. Mix well and set aside
- Heat a frying pan coated with olive oil on the bottom. Add potatoes.
- Once potatoes begin to brown slightly, add the onions and stir well.
- After the onions begin to cook and the potatoes become more tender, add the egg mixture and sprinkle feta on top.
- Cook for roughly 20 minutes covered on the stove. Then remove lid and cook for 20 minutes in the oven at 180C.
- Serve warm with some bread. Bon appetit!