Yummy White Cake With Frosting and Topped With Cherries
Ingredients for the White Cake
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsps baking powder
- 3/4 C milk
- jar of cherries
Instructions for the White Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a round 9-inch cake pan, grease it.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Then add the egg and beat until it is soft.
- Then pour in the vanilla.
- Set this aside.
- In another bowl, stir in the flour and the baking powder. Stir well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- After it is mixed together well, pour the mixture in the greased cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until it is done.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- After it is cool, frost the cake and top it of with cherries.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Serves between 6 to 8 people
Ingredients for Frosting
- 2 cups Confectioner Sugar
- 3/4 cup Shortening
- 2 Egg Whites
- dash of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Set aside until the cake is ready to be frosted.