Zesty Caesar Salad Dressing
Caesar Salad Dressing
One of My Favorite Dressings Ever
I really love Caesar salads. They are creamy and zesty and absolutely scrumptious. Caesar salads are relatively simple in that they include romaine greens, parmesan cheese shreds, croutons, and sometimes grilled meat. The simplicity of this salad is rectified by the extreme flavor of the dressing used to flavor it. This version is amazing and very robust. Give a try. It is great to use on a side salad or to use for making a meal out of salad by adding grilled chicken, steak, salmon, or shrimp. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste, (in canned seafood section)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced jar kind
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, course ground
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes, crushed fine
- In a large bowl with a lid or a large jar, add all ingredients.
- Blend together well by shaking or mixing with a mixer.
- Place in the refrigerator for several hours (preferably overnight) so that the flavors have time to blend.
- Serve mixed into a salad consisting of romaine lettuce. Top with large croutons and parmesan cheese shreds. May also top with grilled or fried meat if making a meal instead of a side salad. Can also top with a few real bacon bits.