Garden zucchini -corn pancakes
Zucchini corn cakes
Savory Zucchini corn pancakes
Savory zucchini-corn pancakes
- 11/4 cup corn bread mix, I used Bob's Red mill
- 1 cup milk, almond, hemp, soy or coconut all work well too
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup corn, fresh or frozen(defrost first)
- 1 cup Cotwold onion and chive cheese-shredded, any sharp cheddar will work
Savory zucchini corn pancakes
- If you are using frozen corn, take out 3/4th's cup corn and let it defrost while you gather and prep ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are gathered, pour your (milk or you can use water) into the bowl or large measuring glass you are going to use for mixing the pancakes.
- Dump in the cornbread mix and stir, judging if it is the right consistency for pancakes. It should be thick but pourable. Add the rest of the ingredients, now stir them all together.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium high heat. I did not use any oil, but I like to use coconut oil when I do use it. Heat until brown and one side and flip. Brown the other side and serve!
Savory Zucchini Corn Pancakes
Now that summer vegetables are in full swing everyone knows I am foodie, so my friends with gardens bring me all the delights their gardens have to offer. What a wonderful thing to share! This however has led to an over abundance of corn and zucchini in my house. What's a girl to do? My husband came up with the idea! He loves pancakes, sweet or savory! That's the beauty of this recipe. You can change the ingredients to accomodate whatever extra ingredients you might have on hand.
This recipe can also be made vegan by eliminating the cheese and subsituting for nutritional yeast. You can also freeze( if you have any) leftovers for another quick meal. Just re-heat in the toaster oven.
I served these cakes with my swiss chard and onion recipe, fresh kiwi and avocado. Big Yum!