- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low to medium heat; make sure that the butter does not brown.
- After the butter has melted, lower the heat to simmer.
- Whisk in heavy cream and continue to whisk until it has incorporated with the butter.
- Add Parmesan cheese and whisk until you have a smooth sauce; you may see tiny bits of cheese, but that is fine.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, then add nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Serve hot over your favorite pasta or enjoy as a dipping sauce for garlic bread.