- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
All time favorite 6 recipes for children
Children like to eat simple and attractive dishes. At the same time the dish should contain the nutrients that needed for their growing mind and body. Most of the children 's favorite vegetable is potato. Potatoes are nutrient rich vegetable containing vitamins and minerals. If served with the skin it is a great source of fiber.The British nutrition foundation recommends that one of the keys to achieving a healthy balanced diet involves eating more carbohydrate rich food such as bread ,potatoes and rice. Here i am describing some easy recipes using potatoes, some snacks using wheat ,bread and beaten rice .
Mixture is an attractive snack for children.Most of the children like to eat this snack with their meal, and while travelling.If it is homemade nothing to worry about.Here is a simple method of making mixture.
Oil – ½ kg
Gram flour - 2 cup
Rice flour - ¼ cup
Beaten rice - ¼ cup
Ground nuts - 100 gm
Raw banana-2 nos
Curry leaves – 2 bunches
Whole lentil – ¼ cup
Chili powder – 1spoon
Method of preparation.
1. Soak lentil and ground nut for one hour separately .After one hour drain water and spread it on a paper or cloth.
2. Mix Gram flour and rice flour . Add enough water to form dough without any lumps.
3. Transfer the prepared dough to a sevai maker mold (with very small holes).
4. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and squeeze the dough to the hot oil to get make sevai. . Do not overcrowd the pan. You can see the bubbles of oil immediately. Once these bubbles are almost stopped, remove them from oil and drain them on paper
5. Fry ground nuts in the oil. Carefully remove from oil before the color changes.
6. Add the lentils to the oil and fry . After frying add the beaten rice to the oil.When the rice become double remove from the oil.
7. Peel the skin of Banana and cut into thin pieces and fry.
8. Fry curry leaves
9. Mix all the fried items and sevai.
10. Add Enough salt and chili powder and mix well
to get crispy and tasty mixture.
2 . STUFFED CHAPATTI
- wheat flour-2 cup
- coconut grated-1/4 cup
- jaggery( molasses) -1/4 cup
cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Method of preparation
Knead flour as required into a soft dough by adding enough salt with water.Make balls with the dough.Roll them into chapattis. Mix grated coconut ,jaggery,cumin seeds and cardomom powder. Take a chapatti and Spread the filling over 1/2 of the it and fold it. Press the sides well.Heat an oiled nonstick pan and cook by turning both the sides of the chapatti.
3. SWEET BREAD BHAJI
· Bread- 6 slices
· Sugar-2 tsp
· Milk- 2 tsp
gram flour -1/4 cup
Powder the bread slices and sugar using a mixer grinder. Mix the bread powder , sugar powder ,milk and make small balls .Add little water to the gram flour to make a paste. Dip the balls in the gram flour paste and deep fry. Sweet bread baji is ready to serve
4. POTATO FRY
- potato cut into long cubes-500 gm
- rice flour-1/2 cup
- chilly powder- 1tsp
- turmeric powder- 1/4tsp
- salt- 1tsp
- oil- 2 cup
- Immerse sliced potatoes in hot boiling water for a few minutes. Drain the potato pieces and keep aside.
- Make a batter with rice flour, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt by adding some water
- Immerse the potatoes in the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the coated potato pieces to a golden brown color.
- Potato fry is ready to serve
5. POTATO BATTURA.
potato - 1(cooked and peeled)
Fresh curd - 1cup
Suji/ Rava- 1/2 cup
Method of preparation
Mix all the ingredients with smashed potato.
Knead the dough very well till it is smooth
Cover with a wet muslin cloth and rest the dough for 10 minutes
Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
Deep fry in hot oil till the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
6. EASY BISCUIT
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 2 tsp
- Wheat- 2 cup
- Ghee- ¼ cup
- Mix all the ingredients & make smooth dough.After one hr
- Make small balls and press slightly with the palm to get a biscuit.
- Heat the oil and fry the biscuit’s in a medium flame
Please visit my video hub,
Please go through my other recipe,