Healthy, Delicious (and Quick!) Basil Hummus Dip Recipe
We were originally experimenting with nice herbs to mix with our home made hummus when we tasted this delicious basil hummus! It's AMAZING! I love eating it with carrot or corn chips and my friends and family love it too. You have to try this delicious dip. It's packed with nutrients (like vitamin A & C, iron and calcium) and it's so healthy (and yummy!). And the best thing about it is the time to make it. We put 3-6 minutes however when you get used to making it - you can make in about 2 MINUTES. Wow!
Prep Time: N/A
Total Time: 3-6 minutes
Serves: 2 - 4 people
So... did you like it?
- The dip:
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 1/2 to 1 lime
- Fresh basil (the more the better!)
- Pepper to taste
- Ideas for something to dip:
- Carrot sticks
- Corn chips
- Capsicum chunks
- Raw cauliflower
- Celery sticks
- Open a can of chickpeas and rinse with fresh water and drain. Add to the jug.
- Wash some basil and add to the jug.
- Squeeze lime over the combination.
- Crack some pepper on top and use a hand blender to blend the ingredients into a paste.
- Store in a container in the fridge and enjoy with carrot sticks or something similar.
- Eat within 2 days