Baked Cheese Sticks Recipe
Delicious Baked Cheese Sticks Recipe
Have you been searching for a quick and easy lunch or snack recipe that you can whip together in minutes and serve to your kids? Try my delicious Baked Cheese Sticks Recipe today! These are nearly as easy to make as the frozen pre-packaged varieties, but way more tasty, and certainly more healthy for you. Check out the easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for step-by-step instructions and helpful tips on how to make delicious Baked Cheese Sticks today. Enjoy them as an afternoon snack, or serve before dinner as an appetizer.
Calories: 187 | Total Fat: 6.1g Cholesterol: 24mg
- Prep time: 35 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 6
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking pan lined with foil.
- 2. In a large, shallow bowl, crush the corn cereal to 1 cup. Mix together the corn cereal, oregano and garlic salt.
- 3. Place the flour in a small bowl.
- 4. In another small bowl, thoroughly beat the egg whites and water.
- 5. Cut the mozzarella cheese into 12 sticks approximately 2 3/4 inches in length. Dip the cheese sticks in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the cereal mixture. Repeat dipping in the egg and cereal mixture to ensure a complete coating. Arrange cheese sticks on the baking pan. Allow the sticks to set for 30 minutes.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes until cheese is soft and sticks are lightly browned.