Homemade Mesquite BBQ Sauce Recipe for Barbecue Lovers
Great BBQ Sauce Recipes That Will Impress Your Guests
In today’s economy, eating out is getting to be more expensive than it’s worth. Instead of letting this get you down, why not take advantage of the tastiest solution to this problem? The season for home grilling is upon us!
Is your current barbecue sauce disappointing?
Do your friends turn down invitations to your backyard barbecues in favor of a trip to a burger joint for some McRibs?
Do they make plans to be on vacation just to avoid your family’s 4th of July Barbeque?
Are you looking for a BBQ sauce recipe that will bring everyone together at your grill for seconds and thirds?
What if the homemade sauce for your BBQ would not only have your friends begging for more, but, if you wanted, you could even enter it in competitions and make a strong showing?
Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes are Just the Beginning
My name is Phil and I have long been a lover of good barbecue.
After all, I grew up in the South and I have sampled BBQ recipes from all over the country – from North Carolina barbecue to Arizona’s mesquite grilled BBQ.
Now, you might think that the key to the perfect barbecue recipe is your BBQ sauce, but homemade sauce isn’t everything. I have had good sauce on terrible BBQ and good barbecue with a mediocre BBQ sauce.
It’s true that a delicious homemade barbecue sauce will keep them coming back, but there is more to learn if you want your BBQ ribs to be the ones that everyone wants to get messy with.
I am providing a BBQ Sauce Recipe, a BBQ Ribs Recipe and a BBQ Chicken Recipe below, because I know everyone has to start somewhere.
But, if you have ever wanted to move beyond the basics, order one of the outstanding books in the links below.
The BBQ recipes, BBQ tips and secrets in them will move your BBQ game from wannabe status to pro virtually overnight.
Next September, you will find yourself looking back on buying these books as the smartest move you could have made right now.
This is your season to impress them all. Make the most of it!
Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
1 c ketchup
¾ c white vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2 T onion powder
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T prepared mustard
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan, then bring to simmer. Cook for five minutes and serve warm. Makes 2 cups.
Easy BBQ Ribs Recipe
5 lbs pork spareribs cut into serving sizes
½ c butter
1 onion, chopped
1 T minced garlic
½ c white vinegar
1 c water
1 c ketchup
1 c hickory smoke bbq sauce
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place ribs in large skillet or roasting pan. Cover with lightly salted water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender, but not falling off bone. Remove from the heat and drain.
2. Place boiled ribs in roasting pan and cover with sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter until the onion is tender, then remove from heat. In a blender, combine 1 c water, vinegar, ketchup, bbq sauce, and lemon juice. Pour in the melted butter mixture and puree for 1 minute. Pour into a saucepan, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil. Grill ribs for 10 to 20 minutes, or until well browned, basting with sauce and turning frequently.
Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe
1 3 to 4 lb. frying chicken, cut up
½ c margarine
¼ c lemon juice
2 T horseradish
2 T vinegar
2 T catsup
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Hot Sauce
1. Combine all of the bbq sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat until margarine has melted.
2. Grill chicken over medium hot coals 40 to 50 minutes, turning as needed to brown evenly.
3. Baste with sauce last 10 minutes of cooking. Remaining bbq sauce may be passed at the table.