My Dads Delicious Chili Recipe
My Dad made the best chili ever!
I love my dads chili, he always made the best chili ever. The whole family learned to make chili from him.
Honestly there was no recipe, he would just make it. My older sister finally convinced him to let them measure and write down everything he was throwing into the chili to make it so good. I am so glad they did, because I haven't found a chili yet that even holds a candle to my Fathers.
You should feel very priviledged at this very moment because I am about to share that very recipe with all of you. It is just too good not to share with the rest of the world!
Photo credit: Tobyotter, flickr
The Top Five Reasons My Dad Made The Best Chili Ever
- It is delicious
- It is easy and quick
- It is healthy and full of iron
- Makes a huge pot that lasts for days
- Award winning!
Yes, I did say Award Winning - This is the T-shirt my Dad won in the Chili Cookoff with this recipe
Cuisinart 77-10 Chef's Classic Stainless-Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
This is a favorite of all the family and won a chili cook off at church. My dad won a "Chili Champ" shirt for it.
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 6-8
- 1 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 can water
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 2 T. Chili Powder
- 1/2 T. Cumin
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 1 t. Garlic Powder
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper together.
- Add the spices while the meat is browning.
- When the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain any excess fat (to make this more heart healthy you can even rinse the beef using a strainer) and place in a large cooking pot.
- Add tomato paste, water, tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Add 4 cans of chili beans and one bean can of water.
- Turn down to a simmer, cover and stir occasionally.
- Simmer until you can't wait to eat it!
- Best served in a bowl with soda crackers on the side or fresh homemade bread. Hint: We always double this recipe and it lasts for days. Wonderful to eat on cold winter days, or any day actually!
- Photo credit: Tobyotter, flickr
KitchenArt Pro Auto-Measure Spice Carousel, - Stainless Steel Satin
Have you ever made homemade chili?
Have you tried it yet, if so tell us what you thought of my Dad's chili? He was a wonderful man with a gentle loving soul, we truly miss him!
Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts here!