Best Pressure Cooker Recipes
Best Pressure Cooker Recipes
Are you looking for the best pressure cooker recipes to put together a quick and easy dinner? Pressure cookers are great for many foods that are braised or simmered for long periods of time. They cook faster than other methods and provide the same flavorful result.
One of my favorite pressure cooker recipes is a simple pressure cooker pot roast. While I regularly make pot roast in the slow cooker, the pressure cooker is great for when I don't have all day to let the food braise! Keep reading for an easy pressure cooker pot roast recipe and links to some of the best pressure cooker recipes from around the internet!
Buy now from Amazon.com
Top of the Line Pressure Cookers
If you don't have a pressure cooker yet, what are you waiting for? By building up pressure inside a sealed lid, a pressure cooker can actually cook food faster than a traditional pot. With the best, top-of-the-line pressure cooker, you can make the best recipes.
Over the years, safety features have steadily gotten better. This isn't the same pressure cooker that your grandmother had (which was probably a little bit dangerous!) Modern pressure cookers are designed with plenty of safety features to ensure that cooking dinner is easy and safe. No need to be afriad!
The Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker is top of the line. It is a little over five quarts and features a saucepan-style design. If you are into canning, this pressure cooker holds up to eight 1/2-pint or four 1-pint jars for pressure canning.
Pot roast is one of the simplest things to make in the pressure cooker, so I often recommend it as a first recipe. There are infinite additions and substitutions that you can make to find a flavor that you find perfect. Start with this super-simple recipe and add any vegetables or herbs you have on hand! Carrots, potatoes, celery, parsnips, and other hearty vegetables are great with pot roast.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 pound chuck or round roast
- 1 24 -oz jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- 1/2 sweet white onion - roughly chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1) Heat the oil in a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- 2) Season the roast generously with salt and black pepper.
- 3) Brown the roast for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until a dark brown crust has formed.
- 4) Remove the roast and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions to the pot.
- 5) Stir until the onions have softened.
- 6) Add the garlic, tomato sauce, and roast to the pot.
- 7) Close the lid and bring to pressure according to the directions for your cooker.
- 8) Continue cooking for approximately 45 minutes at 15 pounds of pressure (high).
- 9) Remove from heat and allow the cooker to begin to cool before releasing pressure according to your cooker's specifications.
Cookbooks Featuring Pressure Cooker Recipes
Still looking for more ideas of dishes to make in your pressure cooker? There are tons of cookbooks that specialize in pressure cooker recipes. Take a look at this selection for inspiration!
Pressure Cooker Recipes from the Food Network
The Food Network chefs are a great source of specialty recipes. This collection of five great pressure cooker recipes is diverse - from chili to risotto to curried goat! Alton Brown is my all-time favorite Food Network Chef, and this list features his pressure cooker chili. However, many of the other chefs have created recipes here as well!
- Pressure Cooker Chili Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Pressure Cooker Chili recipe from Alton Brown.
- Emeril's Best Beef Stew Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network
Emeril's Best Beef Stew recipe (from Chef Emeril Lagasse, of course), is a great dish for a cold night. Beef stew is one of my favorite winter dishes and this version doesn't dissapoint. I love beef stew because of the flexibility - toss in whateve
- Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe : Food Network Kitchens : Recipes : Food Network
This Butternut Squash Risotto recipe comes from Food Network Kitchens. Not every pressure cooker recipe has to be meat-based. There are plenty of vegetarian pressure cooker recipes, from simple potatoes to this complicated risotto. A traditional r
- Curry Goat Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Curry Goat recipe. While I'm not personally a big fan of curry, this is a very traditional goat preparation with rave reviews.
- The Ultimate Cuban Sandwich Recipe : Tyler Florence : Recipes : Food Network
The Ultimate Cuban Sandwich recipe is from Tyler Florence and uses a pressure cooker to quickly braise the pork shoulder. This would be a fun recipe for the next time you have people over to watch the game!
Videos on How to Use a Pressure Cooker
Are you intimidated by pressure cooker recipes because you've never used one before? Don't be! Each pressure cooker comes with detailed instructions, plus there are plenty of videos available online to help you visualize how to use one.
Pressure Cooker Recipes from Around the Internet
Still haven't quite found the perfect recipe for dinner? Why not try one of these pressure cooker ideas!
- Barbacoa Beef Recipe for Crockpot or Pressure Cooker - Paleo Spirit
Have you ever had barbacoa, that deliciously spicy braised beef? If not, you should definitely give it a try! This recipe features the same recipe with directions for a pressure cooker OR a slow cooker. As an added bonus, if you follow a Paleo die
- How to Make Chicken Gumbo In Your Pressure Cooker | BlogHer
Mmmmm, gumbo! Learn how to make it fast with a pressure cooker recipe. If you haven't bought one yet, you can try this recipe first with it's classic cooking directions!
- Kalyn's Kitchen: Pressure Cooker Recipe for Pinto Bean and Ground Beef Stew with Cumin and Cilantro
While pinto beans and ground beef sound like the plan to make chili, this thick stew is a little bit different! Pressure cooking beans gets them done fast (and often without soaking).
- Chicken Bouillabaisse Recipe (Electric Pressure Cooker) | Savour Fare
This full-flavored Provencal Stew is flavored with fennel, garlic and saffron but is relatively simple to prepare, and can be made in a pressure cooker or on the stovetop. It's a cozy stew for a cold night, but with a lighter flavor and texture than
- Canning Chicken
Are you interested in learning how to can meats and other low-acid foods? Food safety is critical when it comes to canning, so pressure canning can be the perfect solution for some of the trickier items.
Budget Pressure Cookers
One of the great things about most kitchen tools is that there are good choices available in nearly every price range. If you can't afford the Kuhn Rikon cooker (or don't want to shell out that much money before you are sure you will use it), try this Presto Pressure Cooker. The smaller 4-quart size makes it a great introductory pressure cooker.
More Pressure Cooker Items from Amazon
What's your favorite pressure cooker recipe? Do you use it often or does it sit in the cabinet? Share your thoughts here!