Recipes For Smoothies
Recipes For Smoothies
If you are looking for a wide selection of recipes for smoothies then keep reading. I have gathered here on this page a wide selection of recipes for smoothies: healthy smoothie recipes , yogurt smoothie recipes, breakfast smoothies recipes. All these recipes are easy to make, fast and requires very few ingredients.
Photo by Mattman23 under CC
What are smoothies
Smoothies tend to be healthy drinks made by combining various fruits, fruit juices, yoghurts and ice to create a blended drink that is great for your body and can assist in a detox diet. Over the years it has become more popular for smoothies to be sold in gyms due to the increase in demand for these healthy drinks. Some healthy fruit smoothie recipes contain whey protein powder to give the smoothie extra body building benefits. Smoothies are great tasting drinks and can help you get one of your five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. Here we will be looking at some of the best recipes for smoothies.
Due to the use of ice in a lot of recipes for smoothies, a conventional blender will not be up to the challenge. Smoothie makers tend to be much more hard wearing and can blend ice with ease. Smoothies are delicious and good for you (how often does that combination arise) and there are literally 1000's of flavours and you can even create your own at home to suit your taste.
Recipes for Smoothies
This is an amazing smoothie recipe that can help perk you up in the morning. This is a fansatic way of starting your day and it is healthy and delicious. This wonderful breakfast smoothy recipe is easy to do and in my opinion is better than starting the day with a cup of coffee. This breakfast smoothie recipe is very good for children as well and will help to get them to eat fruit. The blueberries give this smoothie a wonderful purple colour and contains a small amount of honey that acts as a natural sweetener.
Photo By brx0
- 200 g Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- 350 ml Greek Style Yoghurt
- 300 ml Cranberry Juice
- 1 tbsp Clear Runny Honey
- 3 tbsp Wheat Germ
- 1) Basically all you have to do is put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, try to make sure there are no lumps in this drink. If you can suck it through a straw you have the correct consistency.
- 2) Pour it into a glass or two
- Optional: If the smoothie is not sweet enough, add a little more honey, if it is too thick add a little more cranberry juice. Basically it is your smoothie you can easily adjust this healthy smoothie recipe to suit your own taste.
Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
There are loads of different variations to the strawberry smoothie, here we have a simple strawberry smoothie recipe that can be used as a basis for your own strawberry creations. The best part about making a smoothie is that you can change and adapt the recipe to suit your tastes.
Photo By Sweet onveg
- 250 g Strawberries
- 300 g Strawberry Yoghurt
- 25 ml Mango Juice
- 1 Peach
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1) Remove the stone from the peach
- 2) Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth
- 3) Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Breakfast Cherry Smoothie
This is a quick and delicious smoothie that is great for giving you that get-up-and-go that you need in the morning. This smoothie is packed full of vitamins and nutrients and gives you a great boost of energy to start the day.
Photo by dhwright
- 300 g Fresh Cherries
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- 300 ml Pure Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Wheat Germ
- 2 tbsp Clear Honey
- 4 Ice Cubes
- 1) Pit and half the cherries
- 2) Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and pourable
- 3) Serve and enjoy.
- Optional: Add another tbsp of honey to the smoothie if not sweet enough.
Mango and Lemon Smoothie - Healthy Zingy Smoothie
This is a tongue tingling smoothie that will make your taste buds explode with delight.
Photo By TummyRumble
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Mangoes
- 50 g Raspberries
- 200 ml Pure Pineapple Juice
- 1) Peel and de-stone the mangoes
- 2) Place the mangoes, raspberries, lemon juice and pineapple juice in a blender and blend until smooth and pourable
- 3) Serve and enjoy
Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie - Healthy and nutty smoothie recipe
This is a wonderfully thick and filling smoothie that has a fantastic nutty finish. The peanut butter compliments the bananas delightfully. This banana and peanut butter smoothie recipe is one of the best smoothie recipes available.
Photo By Jason Gulledge
- 1 Large Banana
- 400 ml Soya Milk
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Protein Powder
- 1) Slice the banana
- 2) Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and thick
- 3) Serve and drink!