The BEST Spinach and Artichoke Dip Ever
My "Famous" Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Ok, so maybe my spinach and artichoke dip it isn't actually "famous", but I can say it is very well-known around these parts, at least. I simply cannot show up to a party or get-together without this dip! I tried once and it didn't work out so well. No one will let me live that one down.
Spinach and artichoke dip, especially this particular recipe, is a party favorite. If you take this dip to a Holiday party, I guarantee it will not go uneaten. Football season is on the horizon people. This dip is a hit, I'm tellin ya. It is one of the first things to be gobbled up because it is that delicious. It is very easy to prepare and full of spinach, creaminess, and chunky artichokes. I like to serve it with tortilla chips that you can scoop up dip with, like Fritos Scoops and the like.
Is this dip healthy? Well, the spinach and onions are, but that's pretty much it. It definitely is NOT healthy, but it is chock-full of flavor. I would not recommend attempting to make it healthy by using fat-free ingredients because it just doesn't taste as good that way. If you're on a strict diet, avoid this recipe, for sure!
Photo credit: Meridith Zelaya *For other image credits, roll over image*
Prep Time: About 20 minutes
Total Time: About 40 minutes
- 2 packages frozen
- chopped spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 medium white or yellow onion
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tbl minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Chop the onion and saute it in the butter in a small saucepan. In a separate and bigger pot, thaw the spinach in about a cup of water. When the spinach is thawed, drain out the water and add the onion mixture to the spinach pot. Set to low heat and add the cream cheese, sour cream, about 3/4 of the Italian cheese, and chopped artichokes. Stir well until everything is melted and all mashed together. Add salt to taste. Pour mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or when the cheese starts to turn a bit brown.
Chunky or not chunky - that is the question. Personally, I love the big chunks of artichoke, but if you don't, chop them up further and mash up all the ingredients very well with a potato masher to make a smoother dip. Also, this dip is best served warm!
What is your favorite party dip?
You'll Need Something Like This:
Rate My Recipe!
Don't Like My Recipe? - Try these other great spinach and artichoke dip recipes
- "Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip II" from AllRecipes.com
Creamy and delicious!
- "Spinach-and-Artichoke Dip" from MyRecipes.com
This one is a little less-fattening.
- "Spinach, Crab And Artichoke Dip" from CDKitchen.com
How about some crab meat in that dip?