Cayenne Chocolate Snickerdoodles Recipe
Joy Of Comfort Food
Peppery Chocolate Cookies
These cayenne chocolate snickerdoodles are fabulous! After a very rough week, I needed some homemade cookies to help with the stress. But I wanted something different than the usual chocolate recipes, just a little bit, something new.
This recipe is a little bit different. This recipe combines chocolate with cayenne pepper and changes the innocent snickerdoodle into a surprising and unusual treat. It is sweet, but has a little bite to it.
Sweet And Fiery
Actually these Cayenne Chocolate Snickerdoodles would look so pretty on a plate with regular Snickerdoodles.
Makes 4.5 dozen cookies.
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cups cocoa
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinammon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinammon
- In large bowl, mix sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- In smaller bowl, mix dry ingredients, flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinammon, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl. Mix.
- Chill half an hour for easier handling. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the blended cinammon sugar mixture, the last 2 ingredients.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes in a 400 degee oven. Let stand 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
Hot and sweet is very popular these days. These cookies are so regular chocolatey good, then that little bite of the cayenne kicks it so good.
Home made cookies are simply to die for.
Ask my stomach!
© 2012 Linda Hahn