Chickpea Salad with Black Olives and Feta
This delicious and filling salad can be a meal on its own! It's also great to make ahead, giving the flavours time to meld together, making it a perfect for pot-lucks or advance meal planning. It's quick to make and travels well.
As always, choose the best ingredients you can afford. Especially with the olives. I've made the mistake of using house-brand olives once, and they had a strangely wooden flavour and texture!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 2 as a meal, 4 as a starter
- 1 - 540 ml can chickpeas
- 1 - 375 ml can black pitted olives (sliced or whole)
- about 1/3 - 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill (fresh or dried) to taste
- garlic granules to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Remove as much water as possible.
- Drain pitted black olives.
- Combine chickpeas and olives in a medium sized bowl.
- Add dry crumbled feta and seasonings to taste.
- Add just enough olive oil to moisten lightly.
- Gently toss ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Can be enjoyed immediately, or chilled in the refrigerator until needed.