Quick & Easy Chocolate Covered Pound Cake No Bake Dessert
Quick & Easy Dessert
Company is coming and you had to work late. What are you going to serve that won't take hours to prepare. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes of prep time, and it can chill in the frig until your guests arrive.
This quick and easy no bake chocolate covered fruit pound cake dessert will be a crowd pleaser. Spend time with your guests and not in the kitchen.
Photo credit google images creative commom domain.
Have you ever had company drop in unexpectedly and you had nothing to serve them?
Display Your Dessert
Rosanna White Cake Pedestal
Rosanna white pedestal cake stand; 10-1/2-inch diameter.
Crafted of durable stoneware with glossy all-white glaze.
Designed with broad base and skirt-style rim.
Dishwasher-safe, though hand-washing recommended.
Accessorizes with other Rosanna white or patterned dinnerware.
Quick & Easy Recipe
Canned strawberries, peaches or other fruit pie fillings may be used instead of cherries. Recently I've preferred cherries, which rather surprised me.
Prep Time: approx. 15 (plus set time)
Total Time: few hours
- 1 frozen pound cake (10 -11 oz) thawed
- 1 can (about 21 oz) chilled cherry pie filling (or any berry pie filling you like)
- 1/3 cup Hershey's choco (regular or dark)
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 1 container (8 oz.) of frozen non-dairy whipped topping thawed (about 3 cups)
- Slice pound cake horizontally into three sectioned layers.
- Put bottom cake layer on serving plate and top with 1/2 of the fruit filling.
- Put second cake layer on top of cherries and top with the rest of the fruit filling.
- Put the last rounded cake layer on top.
- Put in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Sift cocoa and powered sugar into whipped topping and stir until it is all blended.
- Immediately spread over top and the sides of cake until it is covered completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Always refrigerate any remaining cake.
Quick Ideas - Look fancy when you have no time to fuss.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Super fast right?
So do you think you could do this quick dessert?
Rate this easy recipe.
© 2012 Senditondown