- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Christopher's 4 x 4 Offroad Meatloaf Recipe
4 Times the Meat! 4 Times the Cheese!
This is a favorite recipe of mine that I'm happy to share. A great meaty meal that is sure to satisfy your craving for both meat and cheese. This recipe uses beef, sausage, white meat chicken, and bacon, plus the 4 great cheeses - mozzarella, cheddar, muenster, and parmesan. Along with a nice drizzling of sauces, this meatloaf is much more than just a boring old loaf! Enjoy!
- 2 portions Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut up
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb. Mild Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 5 strips Smoked Bacon, Cut up
- 8 oz. bag Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Sliced Muenster Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- About 12 oz. Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mayonaise
- First start by preparing the meats. You want to make sure to thaw out your meats thoroughly beforehand. Take the two raw chicken breast portions and chop them up into chunks. Also take your bacon strips and chop them into chunks as well. You may want to cut up your ground sausage, too, if you happen to buy the 1 pound packaged sausage rolls like we do.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, add all four of the meats, the eggs, and a good amount of breadcrumbs.
- Now comes the fun part! Using your clean hands, mix, mash, and knead the meats together, adding in both the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, along with the rest of the breadcrumbs, as you do so.
- Knead the mixture into an 8 x 5 loaf pan, forming the "loaf" with your hands.
- Cook for about 1 hour.
- Take out the loaf and cut it in half, length-wise, then cut both halves in half again.
- Tear 3 of your muenster cheese slices in half, placing each of the half slices into the "slits" you just made in the meatloaf. Cut the last slice into 4 strips and lay the strips in-between the slits across the top of the loaf.
- Put the loaf back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Now when you take out the meatloaf, you want to cover it in the barbecue sauce.
- Put the loaf back in for another 15 to 17 minutes.
- When the meatloaf is done cooking, drizzle it with the ketchup and mayo, then finally sprinkle it with the parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!