- Food and Cooking
Cranberry-Apple Pilgrim Pie: Yum, for sure!
A very special pie - try it today! ;-)
My wife and I have been trying some new recipes for the holiday season. We both like apple pie, and this one looked special, so we gave it a try - thanks to Kraft and Jell-O products, it appears. See references below.
Once the several ingredients were on hand, the preparation well quite well. Ours may not be a 'pretty' as the ad, but I know it tasted just as good or better! I hope you enjoy it, as well.
I took the three photos as we prepared and ate the pie... we shared a piece with our daughter... and, there are still two in the frig, as I write this! Can hardly wait! ;-)
Cranberry-Apple Pilgrim Pie from Kraft
Although we didn't follow every item on the recipe exactly, I want to be sure to give credit where credit is due: The Kraft - Jell-O website. Thanks, from us! We like to share.
- Cranberry-Apple Pilgrim Pie recipe online
This looked a good recipe - and we think it really was! ;-)
See Kraft link above for Reduced-Sugar Version. Also, consider serving topped with thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping or vanilla ice cream. We ate our with the vanilla ice cream. ;-)
Prep Time: One hour and half or so
Total Time: Two hours - we take our time!
Serves: Six, for us; original recipe says eight...
- 1 - ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1 oz pkg.)
- 1 pkg. - (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/2 tsp. - ground cinnamon
- 2 - Granny Smith apples
- 1 - McIntosch apple
- 1/2 cup - dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup - chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 3 Tbsp. - water
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. - course sugar
- 1. HEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll pie crust onto parchment-covered cooking sheet; roll to 12-inch circle.
- 2. MIX dry pudding mix and cinnamon in large bowl. Add fruit, nuts and 2 Tbsp. water; toss to evenly coat. Spoon onto center of crust; fold edge of pastry over fruit mixture. (Fruit in center will remain uncovered.) Beat egg and remaining water with fork until blended; brush onto crust.
- 3. BAKE 30-35 min. or until fruit is tender and crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- NOTE: CHECK pie after 25 min. If the crust is becoming too brown, cover the edge loosely with foil for the remainder of the baking time.
- Our experience was we needed to leave it in a bit longer to get it the way we wanted it... each oven will vary, so check regularly! ;-)
Baking Sheets on Amazon
This recipes contains dried cranberry - Hardly noticable, to me; but contributes to great flavor!
Do you like cranberry?