Crock Pot Poached Chicken
Soup Mix = Dinner Fix
So, while at work, my partner decided he was going to cook dinner. As much as we love chicken (check out my two other lenses), it can get boring. When I got home I saw juicy cuts of chicken breast in wonderful, fragrant broth. The chicken was tender and as most of us know chicken breasts can get dried out even when cooked in a moist environment. So, into the crock pot went the chicken, a package of onion soup mix, creole seasoning, chicken broth, and some other spices. Add some sliced onions and 4 to 6 hours later we got dinner. Mashed potatoes and green bean make a well-balanced meal.
Don't Have a Soup Mix?
Use what ever seasonings you have. Double or triple your onions and garlic. Add peppers, carrots, celery, leeks, green onion, whatever you want. Cut them large for flavor only or cut them small and serve it like a soup!
It's your crock pot...cook it how you like.
This recipes works well with a whole chicken, chicken thighs (with or without bones), chicken parts, and don't forget turkey breasts.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 3 hours 50 min
- Ready in: 4 hours
- Yields: 3-4
- 3 -4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Lg yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic gloves, left whole and crushed
- 2 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Pkg Onion soup mix
- 1 Tbs powered chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1 Tbs Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and set to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Serve with a starch and/or vegetable of your choice.