The Best Crock Pot Taco Soup
It's Delicious, Hearty and Easy
What more could you ask of a recipe than for it to be delicious, hearty and easy to make? When I make this for a group someone almost always asks me for the recipe so I love to share it. You will love it.
I got the original recipe from a friend, and, as I often do, I altered and added something of my own to it. I find that a recipe is often just a good starting place. I'll pass along my version but you can tune it to your own tastes. I increased the carrots and celery from the original recipe and added the red bell pepper. I checked on the internet and there are MANY versions of this recipe but this one will be hard to beat.
I like to prepare a large quantity of some meals so there will be plenty left over that I can freeze to make easy future meals. Many meals like stews and soups taste even better the second time around.
Serves two people for several meals or a small army once
- 2 POUNDS GROUND BEEF
- 1 ONION - medium size chopped (I like a sweet yellow onion for this recipe)
- 1 CAN KIDNEY BEANS (14.5 - 15.5 oz) - drained and rinsed
- 1 CAN SWEET CORN (14.5 - 15.5 oz) - drained
- 2 CANS MEXICAN STEWED TOMATOES (14.5 - 15.5 oz)
- 1 SMALL CAN SLICED BLACK OLIVES - drained
- 5 LARGE CARROTS - cut into 1/4 to 1/2
- 4 LARGE CELERYT STALKS - cut into 1/4
- 1 1/2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 PACKAGE OF TACO SEASONING
- 1 CUP RED BELL PEPPER - chopped (I usually use one whole pepper)
You Will Find a Great Crock Pot on Amazon
- Sautee the chopped onion until translucent
- Brown the ground beef
- Add ALL incredients together in your crock pot and mix well
- Cook on high for 3 hours or lower temperature for 6 hours. I like the slow cook better and use the carrots for a guide to know when it's done. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Serve hot, add your favorite hot sauce to your bowl if you like a bit of a kick. You can also garnish with grated cheese and/or sour cream if you like.
I TOLD YOU IT WAS EASY