Crock Pot to Pan: Chicken Enchiladas
Substitutions and Toppings
This is one of my favorite recipes. It makes a lot of food for a big family. I like to make it for birthday parties when the extended family comes over. There are always some leftovers for the next day. The great thing about these enchiladas is they taste just as great the second time around. Another good thing about this recipe is the crock pot. Not all chicken is the same. I use the cheaper frozen chicken for this recipe because it slow cooks in the crock pot all day. It always comes out tender.
My husband and I assemble the enchiladas together. It goes faster with two but one may do it alone.
There are different toppings for this recipe. I top mine with homemade salsa and sour cream. My husband enjoys Pace picante on his. You can also add some extra cheese or hot peppers if you are especially adventurous.
This recipe can be made with the enchilada seasoning packet or the taco seasoning packet. Either way, it tastes great.
If you want a little change to your usual dinner, I hope you give these enchiladas a try.
Chicken Enchilads with a side of chips and homemade salsa.
Rachel Ray Cookie Sheet
- 1 Taco or Enchilada Seasoning Packet
- 2 Pounds (1-Bag) Frozen Chicken, Thawed (optional)
- 1 14.5oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 30-32 Corn Tortillas
- 1 8oz. Bag Shredded Cheddar, (Approx. 2 cups)
- 2 10oz. Cans Enchilada Sauce
Picture Instructions for EnchiladasClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Place chicken, one can of diced tomatoes, and seasoning packet in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Chicken should shred apart. Shred with fork and knife. Stir.
- Heat tortillas in microwave until hot. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place warm tortilla on cookie sheet. Spoon enchilada sauce onto tortilla and spread around.
- Add a small spoonful of chicken mixture and top with cheese. Roll up tortilla.
- Repeat this process until all of chicken mixture is gone.
- Top rolled up enchiladas with the remainder of sauce and cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite topping and Enjoy!