Curd and Sesame Potatoes - A Yummy Recipe for Curd and Potato Lovers!
Curd - A Much Loved Side Dish In India!
As a side dish, or as a part of an ingredient, the curd is much loved in India. In south India, people absolutely love having curd with plain rice. In north India, curd can be seen eaten with parathas. I personally love having curd with almost anything - Indian bread, rice, and even french fries! Yeah, don't look at me like that - I absolutely love curd.
I came across this recipe with curd and potatoes and found it really simple to prepare. Hope you like it! The preparation time is just 30 minutes, so I hope you try it out.
Ingredients (Serves only 1)
- Boiled Potatoes - 2
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 green chilies
- 1 tsp oil
Another Recipe Using Potatoes and Yoghurt - ShowMeTheCurry
How To Prepare
1. Make a paste with the toasted sesame seeds in a blender.
2. Add green chilies and blend again.
3. Add curd and blend well.
4. It should be like 'dosa' batter (i.e, of medium thickness) - add a little milk if it looks too thick. Set aside.
5. Brush oil on a non-stick frying pan.
6. Slice the boiled potatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds and arrange in a single layer in the frying pan.
7. Spread the curd blend over the potato layer evenly.
8. Put the pan on high flame and cook until moisture is completely evaporated. This takes about 10 minutes.
9. Your side dish is ready! Have with rice or Indian bread.