Curd and Sesame Potatoes - A Yummy Recipe for Curd and Potato Lovers!
Curd - A Much Loved Side Dish In India!
As a side dish, or as a part of an ingredient, curd is much loved in India. In south India, people absolutely love having curd with plain rice. In north India, curd can be seen eaten with parathas. I personally love having curd with almost anything - Indian bread, rice, and even french fries! Yeah, don't look at me like that - I absolutely love curd.
I came across this recipe with curd and potatoes and found it really simple to prepare. Hope you like it! Preparation time is just 30 minutes, so I hope you try it out.
A Recommended Read
Ingredients (Serves only 1)
Boiled Potatoes - 2
1 cup curd
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/2 green chillies
1 tsp oil
Another Recipe Using Potatoes and Yoghurt - ShowMeTheCurry
How To Prepare
1. Make a paste with the toasted sesame seeds in a blender.
2. Add green chillies and blend again.
3. Add curd and blend well.
4. It should be like 'dosa' batter (i.e, of medium thickness) - add a little milk if it looks too thick. Set aside.
5. Brush oil on a non-stick frying pan.
6. Slice the boiled potatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds and arrange in a single layer in frying pan.
7. Spread the curd blend over the potato layer evenly.
8. Put pan on high flame and cook until moisture is completely evaporated. This takes about 10 minutes.
9. Your side dish is ready! Have with rice or Indian bread.
Learn How To Make Lemon Curd!
Other Popular Curd Recipes - Lassi - A South Asian Drink Made with Curd/Yogurt
Lassi is a drink which is made out of curd. Add some cubes of ice, and you have a refreshing drink for the summer!
How I Prepare Lassi
- Blend yoghurt/curd with water and sugar (to taste).
- Serve with ice cubes!
Some people have lassi even with salt instead of sugar. This is a great thirst quencher!
How To Make Mango Lassi - Video!
Also Check Out:
- Simply Delicious - Best Spicy Indian Tomato Curry Recipe
A yummy and easy tomato curry recipe for those people who love spicy Indian cuisine.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Pancakes or Waffles - Which is The More Healthy Breakfast Option?
We all love pancakes and waffles. Some of us love the fluffy goodness of pancakes whereas some others might prefer the crispiness of fresh waffles. But which one of the two is a healthier option?
- Top 10 Lip Smacking Photos of Sandwiches
Some really yummy sandwich photos. Want to try them out as well? No problem, the recipe link is provided below each photo. Feeling too lazy to cook? Then you can try one of these recipes out. They're lip smacking and do their job pretty well of satia