Brussels sprout for curry lovers
This tasty recipe will turn even the fussiest eater into a brussels sprouts lover
This addictive dish can be served hot as a vegetable or cold as a salad (keeps up to 2 days in the refrigerator). As it can be prepared in advance it's ideal for potluck or dinner parties.
- 1 kilogram brussels sprouts
- 100 grams dried red lentils
- 100 grams dried apricots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, mild, medium or hot, depending on your taste
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 100 grams natural yogurt
- Thoroughly wash brussels sprouts, trim and cut in half. Boil in salt water until al dente (approx. 5-10 minutes). Set aside.
- Wash lentils under running water.
- Cut apricots into small chunks.
- Chop onion.
- Sauté onion and apricot chunks in olive oil. Sprinkle with curry powder and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Return to medium heat.
- Add red lentils and cinnamon stick and cook until soft (only takes a few minutes).
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Add chutney, yogurt and cooked brussels sprouts. Mix well and carry on cooking for another minute.
- Serve either hot as a side dish or cold as a salad.