- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Crowd Pleasing Chicken Noodle Salad Recipe
Chicken Noodle salad is the ideal dish to pass around for a large crowd. This recipe is a nice way to compliment the main course. I recently made this to bring to a potluck memorial for a dear friend who passed away. This was a real crowd pleaser and nice comfort food.
I made the salad the same way that I make my popular tuna noodle salad but this time with the chicken. I figured that more people will go with the chicken in a salad. Though our family loves the tuna noodle salad. Another option, this recipe would work with substituting the chicken for turkey or ham.
Putting together recipes is taking a step backwards for me in the kitchen. The reason for that is because I am the type of cook that puts it all together without a recipe at all. This is another one of those recipes that I have never used in a written form before, but what I feel looks like the right amount of ingredients and what will taste good together.
Remember to have fun with a recipe. It you want to try something a little different or add to it, by all means to give it a try.
This recipe fits in a large bowl. If making it for your family only, try cutting it in half.
Chicken Noodle Salad Recipe
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Large Crowd
- 6 cups Rotini, Shell or Elbow noodles
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 - 12.5 oz. can of white premium chunk chicken breast (drained)
- 15 oz. can of sweet peas (drained)
- 1 - 30 oz jar of mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for approx. 10 minutes or until tender.
- Chop up the celery and onion as directed above.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the drained can chicken. Break it up.
- Add the sweet peas that have been drained to the bowl.
- Add the celery and onion in the bowl.
- Once the noodles have been cooked, drain it in a colander. Run cold water over the noodles to cool them off and to take away the excess starch. Make sure that all the water has been drained.
- Add the noodles to the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and yellow mustard.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are mixed well. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Or leave it out for the guess.
- Add the noodle mixture to a nice serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika to give it the final touch.
Chicken Noodle Salad Review
Different type of chicken noodle salad
© 2013 Sandy Mertens