Dessert Shooter Supplies - The Latest Greatest Invention in Desserts
Part of the allure of dessert shooters (mini desserts in shot glasses) is presentation.
Dessert shooters are those adorable mini desserts served in small glasses, some as small as 2 ounce shot glasses or as large as 5 ounce glasses. When created in contrasting layers, dessert shooters look best in clear glasses - plastic glasses works as well as glass and is an easier cleanup as you can throw them away. I prefer interesting glasses, such as small votive containers, square glass containers, or jelly jars but you can make a delicious dessert shooter in about any glass you can dream of.
The 4th of July Red White and True Blue dessert shooter in the photo was created in a 4 ounce martini glass. Just the right size for this tasty demure dessert to celebrate this holiday..
Photo credit; all photos unless otherwise credited are my own photos of my own dessert shooter creations. These small desserts were created when I tried to soothe my elderly Mom's sweet tooth. She would only eat 3 or 4 bits of dessert but she did love these mini desserts - she felt that there was nothing going to waste when I served her dessert in a shot glass.
Last edited 04APR13
Looking for Christmas desserts? Come visit Christmas Dessert Shooters.
Dessert sets on Amazon
Since mini desserts served in shot glasses are good to the last drop, you need just the right spoon to scoop all the way to the bottom of a tall dessert shooter glass. Libby to the rescue! The dessert sets below come with glasses and spoons!
I like to have different dessert glasses placed out on a pretty tray and presented to guests for their choice. Mix and match 'em up! I suggest after dinner sweets in different sized glasses too - that way, if one of my guests wants a small taste, she or he can have it!
Rosetto Liteware Party Dishes
These come in a pack of 20 so you can have all of your friends drop by for a nice light dessert shooter after dinner. Serve with a glass of dessert wine and you'll be the talk of the town.
Rosseto Liteware glasses are plastic but they can also be put in the top shelf of the dishwasher. Mine have survived for over a year now of almost constant use.
Make finding mini dessert glasses a hobby
I found my favorite dessert glasses at my local Salvation Army just last week. At just $.99 apiece, I picked up 6 of these wonderful glasses and immediately set about delighting my 94 year old Mom with some interesting creations.
Here's a few suggestions where you might find some fun glasses in which to serve mini desserts:
- Yard sales. You'll be more successful at finding dessert shooter supplies at yard sales if you select large community sales. Yard sales in the country seem to yield the best old jelly glasses which are just right for a tasty dessert shooter.
- Second hand stores. They're not just for clothing anymore. You might pay a bit more for dessert shooter supplies at second hand stores but ask for a break. The proprietors are almost always willing to discount glassware.
- Dollar stores. Dessert shooter supplies don't have to be expensive and dollar stores are just ripe for the pickin' for some interesting glassware. Look for votive holders or very small vases to use for an interesting presentation.
- Your own cupboard. As noted above, dessert shooters can be made in just about any glass so think outside the box. Use small juice glasses or little mini mason jars to set out your mini desserts.
- Antique stores. Again, your dessert shooter finds may be more expensive at a nice antique store so visit an older, less impressive store for the most interesting finds and cheaper prices.
Plastic dessert shooter supplies
For a picnic or large event, plastic dessert shooter glasses can't be beat! You'll still get a beautiful presentation but there will be no dishes to worry about. And, don't worry about glass shards sticking in tender bare feet for that beach picnic.
I like to stock up on plastic dessert shooter glasses that vary in size. Sometimes, a 2 ounce dessert is just right after a filling dinner.
Note: plastic dessert glasses can all be placed in the top shelf of a dishwasher.
I found these glasses at my local Salvation Army store.
Dessert Shooter Supplies
Use this Amazon search box to find your own dessert shooter supplies on Amazon. Go ahead; get creative and see what you can find to use as interesting containers for your own mini desserts. I like to put different search terms in the search box just to see what comes up. Go ahead and even search for votive holders as they make great little dessert shooter glasses.
Rosetto mini dessert glasses are gorgeous!
Rosetto Liteware glasses make quite a statement, especially when served en masse. I love to see the smiles on my guests' face when I enter a room with these glasses full of different dessert shooters. It's like they're getting presents!
I particularly like the Blossom Clear Party Pack - they're just fancy enough to make a beautiful presentation for your mini dessert serving.
Dessert shooter supplies on eBay
eBay is a great place to look for dessert shooter glasses. I've been able to snag some really nice vintage dessert glasses at very reasonable cost.