- Food and Cooking
How to make Brinjal Curry
Brinjal is fleshy, has a meaty texture, and is less than 3 cm (1.2 in) in diameter . A much wider range of shapes, sizes and colors is grown in India.Frying and adding proper ingredients makes Brinjal tastier.Please try this recipe.
- 250gms brinjal
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 lemon size tamarind
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 11/2 cup water
- 1tsp sugar
- 2 springs curry leaves
- Cut each brinjal almost down the stalk in four&soak in salt water.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and Fry each brinjal.
- Sauté onion garlic &green chilli till golden brown & add the masalas
- Dilute the tamarind in 3/4cup of water.
- Grind the coconut well and add tamarind water , sugar , 1cup water and salt.
- Add brinjals &cook in a slow fire
- When the gravy becomes thicker remove from fire & garnish with curry leaves.