- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Sweet mango dish .
Sweet Mango Dish
Mango is all time favorite fruit for most of the people.Mangoes are seasonable fruits. In India, we get verity of Mangoes. Of course Mango is really tasty to eat as such. A lot of dishes can be made using raw and ripe mangoes.Pickles,Dry Mango,and a different types of curries can be made using raw mango. Mangoes can be preserved in many ways. Here I am writing how to prepare a sweet dish using ripe Mango .Please try this, I am sure all you will enjoy.
A tasty mango dish
- 2kg Ripe mangoes, cut into square pieces
- 1/2kg Jaggery(Sharkkara)
- 2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cup Coconut, grated
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder(Jeerakam)
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 4cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 nos Whole dried red chillies
- 2 stalks Curry leaves
Method of preparation
1)Cut the mangoes into small pieces and cook it with chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and water.
2)Add jaggery into it. Cook in a low flame till it thickens.
3)Grind grated coconut and cumin seeds coarsely.
4)Add this to the curry along with mustard powder.
5)Mix well and remove from fire.
6)Take oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole dried red chilies When it splutters add this seasoning to the gravy.
7)The sweet mango dish is ready to serve.
- After boiling the dish ,cook in a low flame
- Ripe mangoes and jaggery are available in amazon. (For another recipe using mango please refer my hub easy method of preparing mango pudding .)