Coronavirus: FSSAI guidelines for restaurants
Indeed, it is challenging to open the dining at this moment but, here are few things for restaurateurs to follow to run their business. Restaurant owners now need to adhere to the safety guidelines strictly, to increase trust among customers.
Consumers are now afraid of eating outside more than ever, therefore, you need to win their trust to sustain in the business.
It's time to take proper measures for the safety of your customers and leverage technology like POS Software to measure the growth.
Good News is that disinfectants are available for food products.
1) Use Chlorine for all Perishables products (eg Meat, Vegetables, Fruits).
2) Use Quaternary Methyl Butyric Acid on all Food contact surfaces after every use.
3) Sanitiser with 70 % Alcohol for Hand sanitization.
Guidelines for restaurants during corona outbreak by FSSAI
- It is mandatory to clean and disinfect the food service area after each service.
- Disinfect high contact points like card machines, doorknobs, billing counters, etc. frequently.
- Hand sanitizer stands are mandatory for all restaurants at the entrance.
- Use tongs or gloves to avoid direct contact with food.
- Don’t leave ready to eat food in the open.
- Employees should wear masks, gloves, clean clothes, hair net at all times.
- Screen all your employees for corona symptoms daily
- Wash and disinfect all food items thoroughly. Use 50 ppm chlorine to clean fruits and vegetables that are consumed raw.
- Introduce a pre-ordering system of food for customers to avoid waiting.
Guidelines for Food Delivery Agents
- Use a mask at all times. If possible, use gloves too.
- Strictly avoid using high contact points like doorbells, doorknobs, etc.
- Encourage more digital payments and avoid handling cash. If using card machines, sanitize after each use.
- Utilize hand sanitizer after each pickup and delivery of food.
Winning customer trust is more important now than ever
People are undergoing immense distress after the COVID-19 outbreak. Therefore, to sustain the business, you need to prove that buying food from your restaurant is safe. Here's how you can do it:
- Check the temperature of everybody entering the restaurant by using a thermometer.
- Keep disposable Hand Gloves for customers at the entrance.
- Collect phone numbers for customer feedback on your POS system. This way, you can also increase your customer database.
- Encourage Contactless payment options like e-wallets and kitchen display systems for order processing.
For more details, check out the Dineplan- Complete Restaurant Management Software. You can also follow the FSSAI website for new press releases regarding regulations and rules.
© 2020 Swati Gupta