- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Organic French Toast (with Fresh Ginger and Coconut Oil).
fresh ginger root french toast breakfast with organic coconut oil
Ginger French Toast made with Organic Coconut Oil
Ginger French Toast Ingredients
- 8 slices of your favorite bread, per srvng
- 4 large organic eggs
- 4 teaspns organic Coconut Oil, per batch
- 1/2 cup half & half, or buttermilk, whole milk
- 1 teaspn fresh finely grated ginger root, per serving
- 1/2 teaspn organic vanilla
- 1/4 teaspn ground cinnamon
- 1 pat of organic butter, *optional
- 1/2 teaspn powdered sugar, *optional
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup, *optional
Items needed to make this delicious French Toast ...
Ginger French Toast Instructions
- Peel skin from the outside of your Ginger Root. With a parmesan cheese grater, grate 1 teaspoon. (A secret for future reference is to snap off a section of your peeled ginger root, secure in a plastic freezer bag and freeze it! Frozen ginger root becomes a superfine powder when grated.)
- Glaze your griddle, skillet or pan with 4 teaspoons of Organic Coconut Oil and preheat on medium high. (As Coconut Oil heats, it will turn from white to clear.)
- Whisk 4 eggs together with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger and 1/2 cup of cream (you can also use buttermilk, whole milk or other milk substitute)
- Dip your bread slices in your gingered egg batter quickly and lay them on the hot griddle. (This is where a heavenly aroma begins to arise!)
- Flip slices and cook both sides to a golden brown perfection. (about 5-7 minutes)
- Congratulations! You just whipped up a healthy and amazingly delicious Ginger French Toast recipe! Enjoy just as is, or with your choice of maple syrup, butter, or powdered sugar on top.
Fresh Ginger French Toast w Organic Coconut Oil
Nutritional Facts of Coconut Oil
|Serving size: 1 Tbspn (14g)|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Cooking with Organic Coconut Oil
Ginger Root is amazing in so many ways.
I always have lots of it on hand in the kitchen as well as a big chunk of it peeled and frozen.
Grating or slicing up the frozen Ginger Root eliminates the "strings" from the entire Ginger equation, and is so easy to do.
*TIP* Freeze your Ginger Root
Cooking With Ginger and Coconut Oil
I have had so much fun experimenting with these healthy items in my kitchen and have come up with quite a few fun little recipes that include Organic Coconut Oil as well as Fresh or Frozen Ginger Root to share with families all over the world.
I hope that you give some of these recipes a try to let me know how you like or disliked them.
I will post a link to another delicious recipe of mine below so that you can add it to your plethora of recipes. I have more to come.
I will also put a comment box at the bottom of this page for your comments, and I'd even love to hear ideas, suggestions for improvement or opinions about this article, this recipe or future recipes.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your comments.
- xoxo AP23
Pear Ginger Crepes
Liked This Recipe? You May Also Like
- Pear Ginger Breakfast Crepes
Delicate Crepes drizzled with a Fresh Ginger infused Pear Sauce, a sprinkle of Cinnamon and a touch of Lemon juice. Spoil yourself with this amazing breakfast. Easy to follow recipe with many photos.
Did You Know ...
Ginger Root combats inflammation in the body and relieves nausea?
I will soon be editing and updating all of my recipes, which will incorporate and include my handmade ceramic fired and glazed dishes, platters and serving trays in each photo.