Easy cauliflower soup recipe
Cauliflower Soup, made easy
If you can't get the children to eat cauliflower the normal way try making Cauliflower Soup this way! They won't even know it's that dreaded vegetable. You could probably get away with telling them it's potato soup.
I know that's not fair, tricking the children. But you know how they are when you try to introduce vegetables to them.
They hear the "V" word and automatically they don't like it. A nice, warm and creamy Cauliflower soup is just something different you can make other than the same old Cauliflower and cheese side dish that most of us make because we can't think of anything else to do with cauliflower. This time make Cauliflower the Main Dish and only dish.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Cut off the core into pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chooped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 whole cube Knorr chicken bouillion cube
- 1/4 to 1/2 bag butter or flavored instant mashed potatoes ( garlic and chives)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- In pot sauté bacon and onions till onions are glossy and bacon half done. ( don't drain all the bacon grease , keep a little bit)
- add butter, water and cauliflower- stir
- add remaining ingredients except for instant potatoes - stir and simmer on light boil for 10-15 minutes
- when everything has mixed and melted together and cauliflower is tender mash the cauliflower a little
- add the instant potatoes - stir You should now have a creamy cauliflower soup.
- Note: The instant potatoes are for thickness. You can top it with your favorite shredded cheese.
Don't forget the Knorr Bouillon Cubes
Knorr Bouillon cubes are not as salty as other bouillon cubes. You can use them in all your recipes to enhance flavor.
The flavors come in chicken, beef and vegetable. Knorr also has gravies, noodle meals, and much more.
I have been using them for over 20 years now.
These two brands are real popular in Germany.
My Grandmother and Mother used Knorr and Maggi products. I just kept the tradition going. It trickled down further to my Daughter, she uses them also. I have tried other brands but they just weren't as good as Knorr Bouillion cubes.
© 2011 Ramona