Easy Cheesy Corn Casserole
I have been making this super simple corn casserole recipe for over 25 years. It never fails to put a smile on the face of the one eating. I also smile knowing there are only 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep to produce that satisfaction of my guest.
It's a very quick side dish that will work well for any holidays, get-togethers or large family celebrations. You can choose the size of your casserole dish and just adjust the amounts of the ingredients to fit your dish. There is no need for a bunch of seasonings or extras since the crackers take care of the salt and butter flavors for you. It's also a recipe that calls for ingredients that lots of us already have on hand. You really can't mess it up!
The resulting casserole is just the right mix of yummy flavors and textures to please just about anyone. It's cheesy, crunchy and just a bit bread-y. Young and old alike will love it!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 8
- Ritz Crackers
- Velvetta Cheese
- 2 Jumbo Cans of Whole Kernel Corn (for 2 qrt casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (This recipe is for a 2 1/2 qrt. casserole dish. You can make more or less by changing the amount of the ingredients.)
- This is a layered casserole and will only take a few minutes to prepare. Open and drain your corn. Empty the first can completely in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next, crumble up some Ritz crackers and cover the corn completely. I do this by hand since the crackers crumble really well but you can do it anyway you like. The cracker layer doesn't have to be thick, just make sure you can't see the corn.
- Begin slicing pieces of the Velvetta cheese and laying it on top of the crumbled crackers. Tear the slices if need be to fill in spaces. Since my dish is an oval shape, a just tore the square slices until covered.
- Repeat the layers -- corn, crumbled crackers, slices of Velvetta.
- I usually add a few more crumbled crackers on top of the last layer of cheese to keep the cheese from browning too much when baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until temperature in the center reaches 165 degrees.