Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Chocolate Lover's Cheesecake
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts.
Add chocolate with cheesecake and it becomes yet another "love" of my life.
In doing my research I found that this is not only a delicious cheesecake, but it is also quite easy.
Take a few minutes and look at the information, participate in a few polls or quizzes, watch a short video, and then decide for yourself. This is sure to be a chocolate chip cheesecake you can proudly serve to your family and guests.
Check out more delicious recipes including desserts on this site.
Photo credit google images by imagine
Copyrighted Material by Favored1. Do not copy. Photo credit byFavored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
2 microwave safe
Frosting recipe below.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 1 hour 10 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
- Yields: 8-10
- 3 packages of soft cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate (12 oz package)
- 1 large graham cracker crumb pie crust (9 oz size)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F
- 2. In a large bowl beat sugar and cream cheese until blended. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix well.
- 3. Add 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust.
- 4. Bake 10 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR. Turn oven temp. down to 250 degrees F and continue to bake for 30 minutes or until it sets.
- 5. Remove from oven to cool on wire rack.
- 6. Cover and refrigerate until totally cooled.
- FROSTING RECIPE BELOW
Which is your favorite kind of chocolate?
You can store chocolate products up to one year
in a cool dry place
(between 65-75 degrees F).
Even though this recipe does call for frosting, don't feel you have to add it to the cheesecake. It is quite good and rich without it.
If you decide that you do want frosting, you may want to use half the chocolate chips the recipe suggests.
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Put 2 tablespoons of whipping cream and 1/3 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- 2. Set microwave at 50% medium for 20-30 seconds or until chips are melted. Make sure mixture is smooth when stirred.
- 3. Allow to cool slightly into frosting texture. Spread over the top of the cheesecake.
- 4. Refrigerate until frosting is set about 15-20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Why does my chocolate turn
"whitish" in color?
It has been exposed to various temperatures. It's ok to use the chocolate, because it doesn't effect the quality or taste of it.
Battle of the Cheesecakes
Do you prefer plain cheesecake or flavored (including toppings)
Creamy Plain is the best.
Make sure cake is completely cooled to prevent frosting from running down the sides of the cake.
Double Chocolate Cheesecake - Super easy recipe.
Another good recipe if you want to make your own crust using Oreo cookies.
Why does my cheesecake crack?
The batter has been overbeaten and caused additional air to build on the surface of the cheesecake.
Cuisinart Chef's Nonstick Springform Pan
Good Pan for Cheesecake
Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Springform Pan
This 9-inch springform pan makes it easy to create delicious chocolate cheesecakes, as well as other special desserts. Made of heavy-gauge aluminized steel for fast, even heating.
The one in the photo is Cuisinart AMB-9SP Chef's Classic Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Springform Pan. It can be purchased on Amazon.
How do I keep the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the cheesecake batter?
Eat them first!
Seriously, do not over beat
the cream cheese.
Cheesecakes crack less when
baked in a water bath.
The Swiss Colony Raspberry Cheesecake
The Swiss Colony Raspberry Cheesecake
If you don't have time to make your own, try this chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I have ordered from this company for years and love their baked goods. Simply gourmet!
You can order The Swiss Colony Raspberry Cheesecake online at their website or on Amazon.
The Cheesecake Bible: Includes 200 Recipes
The author of this book offers his advice and techniquesfor using the right equipment in baking.
Along with helpful information, there are tips on common ingredients as well as a fact, question and answers section.
Recipes are divided into 12 sections with tips on how to make different variations of the recipes. Helpful guide for bakers.
© 2012 Fay Favored