- Food and Cooking
Easy Salad Dressings
We make and eat a lot of salads here in our home. Over the years I've collected some wonderful recipes for creating easy to make salad dressings. Even for those people not particularly fond of eating salads, these dishes are real crowd pleasers.
Pictured is a refreshing miso dressing. You will find the how-to just below. Also included on this page is my mother in law's summer tomato salad with a very easy dressing. It's super, super quick and fabulous! (Photo credit Pam Irie)
Make in Under 5 Minutes
Traditional miso dressing is served on a bed of fresh greens at many Japanese restaurants. This soy bean paste is an acquired taste for some people.
If you enjoy simple cuisine, learn to make this delicious oriental salad dressing at home. Just a few ingredients is all it takes to make this easy miso dressing.
- 5 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 10 Tbsp Mayonaise
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar or Honey
- 2 Tbsp Sake or White Wine
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar
- Small mixing bowl and whisk
- Glass cruet
- Measuring spoons
- Purchase Hikari red miso paste in the oriental department at the grocers. Note the convenient 2 lb bag contains enough soy bean paste to make numerous batches of dressing and, of course, miso soup .
- In a small bowl, add miso paste, mayonnaise, sugar, white wine or sake and the rice or apple vinegar.
- Mix contents well with whisk. Pour dressing into a glass cruet for ease in serving.
- Fill small soup bowls with fresh salad greens. Drizzle the easy miso dressing on top just before serving. Enjoy!
- Tips & Warnings
- You can make a diet-friendly version of this easy miso dressing by substituting low fat mayonnaise.
- Make sure to purchase the miso paste labeled no added MSG as many people are allergic.
- (Photo credit Pam Irie)
Salad Dressing Shakers and Servers
Great reviews. This dispenser has a shut off valve that keeps you from pouring too much dressing. What a great idea!
This is THE COOLEST set of salad servers I've seen in a loooooooong while. The serving utensils stand upright in a flowerpot (all melamine) and looks like a real plant. Clever AND convenient display!
This homemade French salad dressing is also easy to make. We use it here in our home to top our Taco salads.
1 cup salad oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Mangoes Make Marvelous and Easy Salad Dressing
Vianney Rodriguez created this fantastic salad dressing using a mango as the main ingredient. It was one of those "ah hah" moments and I'm so glad she is sharing her recipe for this very easy dressing. Your taste buds will thank you for whipping up a batch for your next salad! Go here for her recipe.
Make and Shake and Serve easy dressings in this well reviewed shaker.
No time to make "homemade" dressing? Pick up a bottle of ranch dressing. Pour a dressing container 3/4 full with the ranch topping and fill the remainder with 2% or skim milk. Shake well! Great taste and a lot less calories!
Just like the neighborhood diner uses.
Summer Tomato Salad and Dressing
3 Tbsp cooking oil
3 Tbsp champagne vinegar
some white onion (finely chopped)
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp sugar
a little milk
Add: sliced tomatoes
Salad Bowls and Servers
Beautiful chic salad bowl with matching servers.
Important Lesson Learned the Hard Way!
Make sure the container or bottle of dressing is securely closed before shaking. ;)