- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
A simple and delicious dessert that is perfect for autumn occasions!
Ah, pumpkin pie - an autumn classic, a Thanksgiving staple.
Here is a simple and easy vegan version that will bring a smile to your face!
This recipe yields two pies.
Did I mention that it's easy to make?
Instructions for Making the Pumpkin Pie
One great thing about this recipe is that it uses only 5 ingredients, all of which you can have on-hand in your pantry.
Thoroughly whizz around all of the ingredients -- except the pie crusts! -- in a food processor.
Pour the ingredients into the pie crusts and bake for about an hour.
That's it! Easy and delicious, as promised!
Gather the ingredients
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 75-85 minutes
Serves: 16 (makes 2 pies)
- 1 16 -oz can of pumpkin (it's okay to use a 15-oz can)
- 2 12 -oz tetra-pak silken tofu
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine pumpkin, tofu, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crusts.
- Bake at 375 F for 60-70 minutes. When it's done, an inserted toothpick will come out almost clean. The texture will be firm with some cracks along the top.
- Cool and serve.
- Yields 2 pies.
Follow Vegan Journey on Pinterest and Facebook
- Vegan Journey on Facebook
"Like" the Vegan Journey Facebook for occasional posts of recipes and information about vegan living.
- Vegan Journey on Pinterest
Vegan Journey | Vegan Living: for human health, for the earth's environment, and for the animals. Stop in for some information and inspiration!
- Vegan Journey
Here are links to my numerous articles about vegan living. I've divided them into several categories: Getting Started, Family and Community, and Recipes. I've also included links to other websites.
Pour the filling into the pie crusts
Put the pie in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes at 375F
Yummy pumpkin pie, fresh from the oven!
The pie will have cracks along the surface when it's done.
Allow the pie to cool down. It'll look better as it has time to settle.
Vegan Dessert Recipe Book
In the mood for more vegan pies? Here's the cookbook for you!
Serve this delicious pumpkin pie with vegan whipped topping or enjoy plain.