Fall Chinese Pie
Fall Chinese Pie
This recipe is the first meal that I made in cooking class when I was in the 7th grade and I was 14 years old at the time. It is called Fall Chinese Pie and this is how I remembered the recipe.The C stands for corn, The H stands for Hamburg, and the P stands for Potato so put it all together and it is called CHINESE PIE for short.
Hope you enjoy this delicious meal which can be served in the fall and winter months for it warms up your belly and is a healthy meal for it is good and nutritious for everyone.
Photo Credit: by JuliaPayne1958
Look at This Homemade Recipe Below!!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 4-6
- 1 1/2 lean ground beef
- 1 can of 16 ounce can of corn
- 8 potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to each his own taste
- Minced Onion
- Parmesan Cheese
- Milk and butter to mash the potatoes
- Brown the hamburg with the minced onion, with salt and pepper and then drain it. Spread it on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and boil them and then drain and add milk and buttr to mash them.
- Drain the corn from the can and spread it on top of the hamburg.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the corn mixture.
- Put pats of butter, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook chinese pie for 30 minutes until bubbling and brown on the top.
- Set the table and then enjoy this delicious fall menu dinner....
Follow the Steps Below to Make My Chinese Pie Recipe!
Fry the Hamburger with the Canola Oil Until Cooked Thoroughly
Layer the Hamburg on Bottom of Pan
Place Corn on Top of Hamburg Layer
Place Potato on Top of Corn Layer and Add Butter and Salt and Pepper to Season
Bake in a 350 Degrees Oven for 30 Minutes
Finished Chinese Pie Recipe
© 2012 JuliaAnnPayne