- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate Cake in Just 5 Minutes.
Chocolate cake in 5 minutes
It's 7 pm and you get that craving for chocolate. What do you do? You could get in your car and drive to the store or you could be consuming chocolate cake in just 5 minutes. Yes, you heard me right. You probably have everything you need right now in your home.
This recipe will make a moist chocolate cake in just 3 minutes using the microwave. The only question I have for you, is why are you still sitting there, get in that kitchen, the clock is ticking.
- 4 Tablespoons All-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder, Such as Hershey's or Cadbury
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Oil, Sunflower, corn or similar type
- Find a suitable mug. This should be a straight sided mug of at least 11 ounces. You can use a bowl if you prefer.
- Begin by adding the flour, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir well. If your cocoa powder has any lumps, now is the time to break those up. Try pressing any lumps against the side of the mug with the back of the spoon.
- Add egg and stir until this is combined.
- Next add milk and oil. Thoroughly mix this ensuring there are no bits of flour. Go right to the bottom around the edges. When you have a homogeneous mixture, it is ready for the microwave.
- Place in the center of the microwave, (I use an 800 watt), and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Nothing will appear to happen until the last minute or so when the cake will rise above the rim of the mug and you will have visions of needing to clean burned chocolate cake off the revolving tray. Don't worry, your fears will be quashed when the bell goes and your cake is ready to be removed.
- *****Caution, some mugs have a glazing that can become very hot. Use a potholder if yours has this type of glaze.****
Chocolate Cake recipe mug
A mug with this recipe
Wouldn't this make a great gift for someone who is mad about chocolate cake? It has the recipe on the mug. No more looking for that lost recipe card or trying to remember which cookbook had the recipe. Your friend will be eternally grateful.
Toppings for chocolate cake
There are so many things you could put on the top to make this cake even better. For the photo, I have used powdered sugar (icing) which I passed through a sieve. Then I made a chocolate sauce from the cocoa powder and water. You could just use a flavored sauce from a bottle.
There is of course ice cream, custard, frosting (homemade or ready made), whipped cream, pouring cream, Cool Whip, or even just plain.
Below, you can see just how easy it is to make your own ice cream.
How often do you eat dessert?
Do you have a favorite recipe?
Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share with the world? You can get it published online here on Hubpages. It's free to join and you can earn money by writing articles about a wide variety of topics that you choose.
If you are a nervous computer user, there is no need to worry, Hubpages take care of the technical side. When someone clicks on an ad, you get money into your account. When your balance reaches the payout level, currently $50, you are paid by Hubpages. It's easy to use and there is a great bank of knowledgeable writers willing to help you over any rough patches.
Everyone here on Hubpages, began with their first page. Then they wrote another and kept at it. Now, they are making money not just from their current articles but the ones they wrote when they first started. How great is that!
If you would like to join the community, it is free and it could be very rewarding.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Easy to Make Cream Puffs
Making cream puffs is easy. This recipe, with its step by step pictures, will unlock the secrets to making this wonderful dessert or afternoon treat.
- How to make peanut chews
Here's a family recipe for peanut chews. They are fast, easy and fun to make. No baking means you can be eating cookies in no time at all. With only four ingredients, you probably have everything you need in your cupboard.