- Food and Cooking
Fast & Easy Strawberry Chia Jam (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Unexpected Guests? This recipe will preserve your sanity when you're in a jam! ;)
Food choices can be a challenge when in the company of others. We all have different palates and sometimes our loved ones lead a lifestyle that is not in line with our own. It's a give and take; you can either bend a little, or break them in. Here's a sneaky, sweet idea for home-made jam that only takes ten minutes. This strawberry jam is made with chia seeds which are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein and omega 3's. These easily digestible seeds don't have to be ground to release their nutritional benefits. Better still, these versatile seeds last a long time in the fridge without going rancid, unlike flax. This all natural treat will please little ones as well because you can just tell them the seeds are strawberry seeds. They won't know they're eating healthy (*GAG), until they're totally in love with it; and then, you tell them! ;)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon truvia
- Place ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mash strawberries with a fork or potato masher.
- Turn heat to low and cook until thick.
- Let cool and store in the fridge.
- TIP: You can use frozen or fresh.
- Don't cook strawberries in the microwave as they tend to explode :)
This Is How It's Done! XO
Calories: 21 (per tbsp)
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.