Fast Summer English Muffin Pizza and More
We've found this to be a really delicious simple lunch - with the added salad and drink of choice
My wife has hit on a really neat little meal that we have had several times now this summer - a summer menu anyone can enjoy. We use the basic recipe from allrecipes.com - but you can easily modify it with ingredients and other variations to fit your mood! Enjoy! ;-)
I took this photo one day when enjoyed this particular summer menu - please excuse my crooked cutting. I like quarters - my wife prefers halves. What do you prefer?
The original recipe calls for 16 slices of pepperoni sausage. We used our favorite ham lunch meal diced into small pieces. That is what is shown in the photos.
In the photo here, we also had a shredded lettuce salad topped with shredded carrots - our favorite, with Thousand Island dressing. I would add olives. What would you add? Both the little pizza and the salad are easily customized, as you can see. Today, when we had it again, we just prepared on muffin (two sides) apiece and it was plenty with the salad. I took the photos.
- 4 English muffins
- 1/2 cup canned pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- meat of your choice
- chopped or diced to preference
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- 2. Place the English muffin halves cut side up onto a baking sheet. Spoon some of the pizza sauce onto each one. Top with mozzarella cheese and mean particles.
- 3. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges.
Great Stuff on Amazon
Ham or Pepperoni? - Express other preferences in your comment
Would you prefer ham or pepperoni? or what, as topping?