- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Fishfinger (fishstick) and cheese toastie sandwich recipe
Fishfinger and cheese toastie sandwich
When I was at university, I enjoyed experimenting with different varieties of sandwich, both hot and cold. I found that many things can be sandwiched between two slices of bread to make a delicious snack or even a full on meal. Two of my favourites were the good old fashioned fishfinger (or fishstick in the US) sandwich and the cheese toastie, so one day I decided to add the two together. The fishfinger and cheese toastie sandwich was born.
I love the combination of fishfinger and cheese and the different textures of the soft bread around the outside and the crispy toast in the middle. It has to be tried to be truly appreciated.
All pictures on this lens were taken myself.
This is the recipe for one fishfinger cheese toastie sandwich. I would recommend one sandwich per person.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 1
- White sliced bread - Three slices
- Cheddar cheese (or similar meltable cheese) - Enough to cover one slice of bread
- Fishfingers - Four
- Tomato ketchup
- 1. Place the fishfingers under a preheated grill and cook as per packet instructions
- 2. After about 5 minutes, add one slice of bread to the grill.
- 3. When the bread is toasted on one side, remove from the grill and butter the untoasted side. Add the cheese on top of the butter and return to the grill until the cheese starts to bubble.
- 4. Meanwhile, add ketchup to one side of each of the two remaining slices of bread and spread on.
- 5. When everything is cooked, remove from the grill and stack as follows: One slice of untoasted bread, ketchup side up, then the fishfingers on top, then the cheese toastie, cheese side up, and then finally the remaining slice of bread, ketchup side down.
Did you know?
Cheddar cheese accounts for 51% of the United Kingdom's £1.9 billion annual cheese market.
Sandwich recipes from Amazon
There are many variations that can be made to this sandwich. You can try using brown bread or replacing the ketchup with brown sauce. You could get adventurous with the cheese. I've never been brave enough to try one with a blue cheese, but it might just work and I bet it would be amazing with brie or camembert!
Check out more of my food hubs
How good is the fishfinger and cheese toastie sandwich?
Tasty or not?
So hopefully you've given the sandwich a go and voted in the poll above, so why not tell everyone the reason behind your vote?
Fishfinger and cheese toastie sandwich - Tasty or not?