Sauces for Food to Make Each Dish Special
Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Sauces for Italian Food
Sauces can spice up a meal and enhance the flavor of a piece of meat or vegetables. There are many types of food sauces for meat, vegetables and desserts.
Many common sauces are made with tomato paste and used with Italian
meals. A homemade tomato sauce takes
about two hours to cook to achieve the correct thickness. While fresh basil
leaves, and garlic are typically found in these sauces you can use oregano and
other spices to taste. A serving is typically about 158 calories. You can cook the sauce on top the stove on in
a crock pot. You can make a large batch
of tomato sauce and freeze the rest.
Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
Eggs Benedict with Sauce
- This sauce is commonly made for Eggs Benedict. It is a rich sauce with egg yolks and butter, which is warm when it is poured over the Eggs Benedict. The Eggs Benedict are made with Canadian bacon, English muffin, eggs and seasoning.
Talapia with Lemon Sauce
- It is made to use on fish. It is usually a light sauce with lemon juice and lemon zest, butter, shallots and some herbs. It is placed over the fish before it is cooked in the oven or by steaming
Angel Food Cake with Lemon Sauce
Many Uses for Lemon Dessert Sauces
Lemon Dessert Sauces:
- They are very popular for desserts. As you would expect, there is lemon juice and zest, sugar with a few other ingredients. It is cooked on the stove to thicken and poured over many different desserts, such as bread pudding, fruit cake and other types of cake, puddings and so forth. There are many different types of fruits to make a wonder dessert sauce. For example, oranges are frequently used. Most of the time there are no leftovers but the sauce could be kept covered in the refrigerator for a few days if necessary
Basic Fruit Sauce
Sugar Based Sauce with Fruit
Basic sugar sauce:
- These sauces are made from sugar, evaporated milk, butter and vanilla and can be used over many desserts, usually a dessert with some type of fruit such as cranberry squares. You can use this basic sweet sauce and add a variety of fruits for different flavor experiences.
Yummy Chocolate Desserts
- There are numerous chocolate recipes that can be poured over ice cream or any just eaten.. They can be kept in the refrigerator with a tight lid for several days.
Tasty Remoulade Sauce
- This is a cold sauce which was invented in France, which has and various condiments. It can be spicy depending on which recipe you use. It was designed to use over beef, but it has become very popular with seafood dishes. It should be kept in a container with a tight lid in the refrigerator
Chateaubriand with Béarnaise sauce
- This is another French sauce made with clarified butter, egg yolks, shallots, chervil, peppercorn and tarragon. It is difficult to make and chefs say it takes years of practice to be perfect. This is made for beef, particularly Chateaubriand
Making Béarnaise sauce
Baked Talapai with Spinach and Pecan Pesto
Pesto with Spinach and Pecans -Delicious
Spinach and Pecan Pesto:
- This is used as a sauce for fish or filling for chicken or you can toss it in with pasta. In addition to the spinach and pecans, there is basil, extra virgin olive oil, shredded parmesan cheese, garlic and salt. Refrigerate this pesto if you don’t use it right away in a sealed container.
Onion Sauce: over Lamb
Onion Sauce for Lamb or Duck
- This sauce is made with onions, vegetable broth, cream, butter, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Then, it is cooked in a saucepan in the stove. It is served with lamb or duck.
Cheese Sauce with Steamed Vegetables
Cheese Sauce for Any Vegetable.
Beer Steak Sauce for Grilling
Beer Steak Sauce
- This sauce is for brushing over meat cooking on the
grill. Combine beer (stout), chili
sauce, vegetable oil, soy sauce, Dijon
mustard, onion and garlic. You continue
basting the meat until it is done to your satisfaction.
Hundreds of Sauces
I can think of dozens of sauces that are not listed above and there are many I am sure that i know nothing a bout. Sauces enhance the flavor of food and sometimes change the taste all together. It makes some food look a little more appealing or fancy. Cooking sauces for the most part is not that difficult. I tied to get a few sauces for meats, vegetables and desserts. i hope you've enjoyed the hub.
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby