jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are the most premium/gourmet cuts of meat for BBQing on a Kamado?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

I'm thinking of making a very limited BBQ book for people that grill on Kamado style BBQs.

I'm thinking of including recipes for:
    Chicken Breast
    Salmon
    Halibut
    Tuna
    Pork Tenderloin
    Lamb Chops
    Baby Back Ribs
    Beef Ribs
    Filet Mignon
    Wagyu Beef
    Dry Aged Rib Eye

I didn't include classics like pulled pork and beef brisket because I thought they were on the margin.

What cuts would people like to see in a very limited gourmet bbq recipe book?

1. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Back Straps

2. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 2 years ago

Grass fed-and-finished beef in a steak or filet cut (it's popular and it's tougher than grain-fed).

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

I respect the health benefits of grass fed beef, but I think the corn fed is a lot tastier. Do folks disagree?  Grass is more expensive so it's probably considered more premium....

I'm convinced I need a grass fed option. Thanks!

1. Fiction Teller profile image60
        Fiction Tellerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I used to eat it a lot. These days, I like meat that's not aged, and almost all grass-fed beef on the market is aged. It's strong-tasting, certainly - more gamy. Some grass-fed beef is kind of fishy tasting ('cause of those omega 3s).

It's at about the same price point as organic and it's big with the low-carb, primal/paleo crowd, who are huge meat-eaters and probably make up a decent portion of your market.

One thing that's a challenge is cooking it without making it tough. If you can come up with a good cooking technique, you've probably got a good selling point.

4. CorneliaMladenova profile image79
      CorneliaMladenovaposted 2 years ago

Mackerel is fantastic when prepared on BBQ. The fish is itself is fatty, doesn't need additional oil and gets really fresh and juicy after BBQ treatment. smile

working