jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Describe what attracts you to Cajun-style foods?

1. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Describe what attracts you to Cajun-style foods?

2. orchidmyst profile image66
    orchidmystposted 7 years ago

I love Hot and Spicy foods, the mingling of different spices and peppers..yummy!!

3. easyfreerecipes profile image59
    easyfreerecipesposted 7 years ago

the spices, colors, and sausage!  i don't really eat a ton of sausage although its a favorite of mine. it is very fatty but also almost always contains MSG. when think of cajun, its not crawfish that come to mind, but sausage.

4. extremewebworx profile image56
    extremewebworxposted 7 years ago

The wonder blend of spices and flavors.  I don't like overly hot spice, but when done right, cajun food explodes with flavor.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

The seasoning!  I'm a sucker for spices and crawdad's, Louisiana hot sauce can make most anything good all by itself.

6. profile image47
    edupuganti1240posted 7 years ago

You'll find your own measurements for this, but I usually use four parts cayenne pepper, two parts black pepper, two parts garlic powder, one part onion powder, and one part salt. Sometimes I add dried parsley." Many Cajun cooks season their food simply, with only salt, black pepper and red pepper, allowing the flavor of the dish's ingredients to take center stage.

An authentic Cajun meal is usually a three-pot affair, with one pot dedicated to the main dish, one dedicated to steamed rice, skillet cornbread, or some other grain dish, and the third containing whatever vegetable is plentiful or available.

7. swedal profile image71
    swedalposted 7 years ago

I love spicy foods so I naturally like cajun...

8. home witch profile image82
    home witchposted 7 years ago

The spices and the combination of flavours. It's in my opinion one of the nicest things to come out of the US.

9. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 7 years ago

The spices definately and also cajun food gives you that down home taste with a little kick. You give me a choice and I'll choose cajun-style food every time.

10. jdavid profile image61
    jdavidposted 7 years ago

spicyness and use of seafood like crawfish.